Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance - options to 123.ie?

Options
  • 12-05-2008 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

HI All

I recently got my renewal quote from 123.ie and they upped my premium by 40% for no changes:eek:. I rejected and they have come back with an offer which is still 20% more :mad:(still a massive drop for a simple rejection)

Anyone had recent experiences and any recommendations for good value in Ireland?

Thanks in advance

Redman

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

At the mo BOI have a price match promotion going on, they'll guarantee to beat your quote. It's a good offer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Cailin Maith

A lot of the house insurance companies are changing their rates, your best bet would be to try a broker rather than an internet site as you will get to talk to a person who will tell you what is costing what and give you an idea of what the range of prices on the market are as they deal with so many insurers. Also some brokers have access to Lloyd's syndicates who are generally cheaper than Irish Insurers and offer the exact same covers.

I'm not an expert on 123.ie so I can't tell you what they're playing at, but a 40% increase on your premium seems ridiculous. I'd shop around and then tell them to shove it (nicely of course :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Toots85 wrote: »
    At the mo BOI have a price match promotion going on, they'll guarantee to beat your quote. It's a good offer!

Match it not beat it!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Thanks all.
    just an update, I did tell them to shove it - twice! and got two reductions which eventually meant a 10% premium on last year (but the amounts insured had gone up by 10% automatically anyway)

So once again it pays to haggle....

Advertisement