Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance on 2 cars,how it does work's

Options
  • 12-05-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

My mother has her own insurance on a 08 defender and my dad has a 530d bmw.my dad was the main driver of the bmw, and got my mother put on to his insurance.my dad is ill so now she want to insurance both in her name.how does it work,does she have to pick one as a main vehicle.they both have fully comp insurance.(hope this makes sense)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Problem looks here is that the Defender has commercial insurance as your mother would normally as a full license holder be 3rd party insured to drive any other private car provided it was private car insurance she had. Cheapest option would be to leave things as they are but if that's not able to happen her next best thing to do would be get BMW insured as her main car and Defender as 2nd car.

Advertisement