Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I going to get in?

• 12-05-2008 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.

I applied to do a h-dip in psychology in Trinity this Setember. Got an e-mail back saying my application had been considered so that was fine. This is the bit that's making me nervous though:

I confirm that your name has been placed on a waiting list and in the event
    of a place becoming available through one of the accepted candidates
    refusing the place offered, we will be in touch with you.

So what do people reckon the odds of me getting in are? Do many people usually not accept their places or am I gonna be told there are no spaces? I don't really want to ring them and ask cos I don't want to annoy them since I'm only on the waiting list

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Dont hold your breath! seriously though you'd need to have other options just in case. The numbers that dont accept will vary widely so dunno about that.

imo a call or two to the office might do no harm at all just to show your a dead cert if you were called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

wow. good luck. what terrible grammar in that letter. appalling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

You never know. You could always ask them if they know the likelihood of this happening based on previous years. A mate of mine who is on a waiting list for his postgrad was told that last year 50% of the list got places in the end.

Also, people may well have accepted places on numerous postgrads (I have :D) and so I would assume the chances of places being declined is higher than at undergrad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i know one college with that same course had a 4 drop out of a 25 class. but different uni

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

5 dropped out of the 2005-2007 course in TCD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement