Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copying from hard drive to hard drive problem

• 12-05-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey i'm having a problem trying to back up a external hard drive to another external hard drive.
    The problem is i have 1 hard with about 100 gigs of music , when i copy then to the other hard drive i have all seems well except there is about20% of them missing, when i say missing the tags are there but when i try to play them it tells me the file does not exsit?

I am a dj in case anyone is wondering, and have tranfared most of my collection to hard drive as i am using the new denon hd system.

Any help or input would be great
    *NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE CORRECT SECTION FOR THIS*
    Bandit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can you elaborate on how the drives are set up, are both connected by USB to your PC, each with a drive letter? Do you drag and drop/copy paste etc?
    What's the space on the second drive? Any messages during transfer?

Have you tried moving just a gig or two at the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

Connected via usb on pc , both with own letters, tried both methods drag and drop and copy and paste, both drives are the same 500 gig,
    No messages during transfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it always the same files that appear corrupt, the last 20%?
    Did you try moving chunks rather than all at once, try a few gig only at the time.
    You can try to reformat second drive.

It could be something to do with how much information Windows can hold in memory at once go but it kinda seems unlikely.

Advertisement