Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My rifle, suggestions for work I should consider getting done on it

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I know some competitive ISSF shooters were trained/training on single-stage triggers because under the stress of a match, it was thought that the fine control needed to take up the first stage without actually tripping the second stage was a source of problems. Personally, I've never found that to be the case - taking up the first stage for me was always the psychological "set" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Also it sounds like the second stage of the triggers you use are way lighter than i have ever used so I am sure the second stage could be set to something reasonable for hunting.

You're right though its probably for nothing other than simplicity. Single stage trigger put x lbs on it and bang goes the gun.

Pity as I definitely find them more intuitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Vegeta wrote: »
    Some good results with this I hear John.

I would really love to try out a rifle with one of these triggers.

Oh yes :) best grouping before the Jewell was 0.5 inch, best group since Jewell is 0.3 :D

Early days yet. I need a calm day, one I'm not working, to give her a proper run out. Needed to do some stock adjusting to fit it in but all is well now.

All the great things you've heard about Jewell triggers are complete lies...

They're much better than that :D:D:D

Advertisement