Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best ECW pay per views

• 12-05-2008 8:44pm

Right lads yous gave me a good idea of what the best wcw ppvs were so know i want to know what people consider the best ECW pay per views?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

Guilt as charged 01
    heatwave 98/99
    hardcore heaven 00

Now there is no doubt ones where 3 or 4 outta the ppv are class but thats just from looking @ the dvd covers and what i can remember!
    I personally enjoyed most ppvs from around 99-01

The original one night stand was fairly ecwesq so i could recommend that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Heatwave 98, every match is 4/5 star. There is nothing poor on it and the Awesome - Tanaka match is one of the best ive ever seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Dont post here much but I gotta say my fave ECW PPV is November to Remember 99.

Pretty much every match was 4/5 star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Heatwave 98 & 99 and Hardcore Heaven 2000 as already mentioned.

Anarchy Rules 99 and Barely Legal (the first ever ECW PPV) are also great efforts.

All the November To Remember PPVs were good also.

Having said that, I haven't watched much ECW in a few years, and Im not sure how well it still holds up.

One thing that I do realise now though, is that Joey Styles is an awful awful commentator.

Guilty as Charged 99 is a good one (Taz vs The Franchise)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

I think Hardcore Heaven 99 was good, can't remember. I just know it's the one where Jerry Lynn cracks his skull / breaks his nose but continues on in the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pabsi1983

For me it had to be Living Dangerously 99, which featured fantastic matches such as RVD v Jerry Lynn, Sabu v Tazz (Title v Title) and one of the best openers i've ever seen in pro-wrestling, Super Crazy v Tajiri.

it was the 1st ECW ppv i saw and would still rate it top. Other ones i like are Guilty As Charged 99 & Hardcore Heaven 99 - which are on either side of the LD99 event

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Heatwave 1998, there is some good stuff from mid 1999 to mid 2000 too.

Advertisement