Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing irish

Options
  • 12-05-2008 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

3 weeks left till LC and i literally dont know anything about the pass irish course, my whole class are kinda in the same boat tbh coz our teacher is dreadful, neways i was wondering if anyone could give me a minimal list of what to study keeping in mind i have lost 90% of junior cert irish ( A in pass) due to transition year and 5th and 6th year with idiot push over teachers tht cant control class, failed it in the pre's by 1% and ive only gotten worse so im pretty nervous bout failing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well all I want to do is pass it, wont be using it for points
    but there is one major advantage you have over your pre's, you did your oral and no matter how bad you are they fire marks at you in it so you in a better situation...
    the correcters will do anything to pass you, I haven't done my irish homework since 3rd year and generally do other homework during classtime, still managed 48% in my pre mind you.

Anyway paper one just practise writing crap, and for reading comp just look for the word in the question and find it in the text and write out the next few sentences...
    as for paper two hmm well if your like me and all you know is jack and gealt from the odd listen in class, well I believe its enough for me... (just want to pass remember)

and as for tape just read the question, know what a lot of the questions mean such as cen ait (what place), you hear something like Limerick said on the tape... easy things like that

Course this reply would be useless for someone who wants to do well in it, but if your like me and just want to pass I think it will do you grand...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Pete29

Im in the same boat. I know very little to no irish. I did terrible in my mock and im afraid i'll fail it too. Anyone have any idea's on how many poems and pros to cover for the exam? Just looking for a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Don't waste too much time on paper 2 - It only counts for 19%!!!!
    Just know An Gealt, Jack, and maybe Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa.......I spent the night before my pre's just studying them, along with Fiche Bhlian ag Fás and Lá Bui Bealtaine and I managed to get 100% in Paper 2! I did only get 79% alltogether though!

For paper 1 learn question words - Cé, conas, Cén fath etc... and you should be able to get the majority of your marks on the reading comprehensions...............tape is easy enough aswell.....just look over the 05 and 06 tape and you should be fine....

All in all, not a great amount has to be done to just scrape a pass.....just don't waste time on paper2, which loads of people do....it only counts for 110marks.

Advertisement