Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum

Options
  • 12-05-2008 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Good evening admins/smods,

I would like to ask for your assistance in dealing with a serious issue on the soccer forum. To cut an extremely long story short, many many users of the forum feel a certain moderator of the soccer forum (Thanx4theFish) is using his powers as a moderator to deliberately troll the Manchester United thread. He then bans people for calling him up on his trolling, or else they end up getting banned by another mod for personal abuse.

In my mind it is totally unacceptable for a moderator to troll his own forum, this goes against all the whole spirit of boards.ie

There is a massive thread in feedback at the minute discussing the issue, it is over 20 pages long in 10 hours.
    I / we would be grateful if you could take the time to read it and let us know what you think of the situation.

Many thanks,

kaizersoze1980

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Any chance of some links to these trolling comments?

I have resolved this issue in the Feedback thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

not to the satisfaction of the majority of the soccer forum I might add.

Considering the behaviour of quite a few in that particular forum, satisfaction is not something I'm overly worried about.

I'm also not concerned about pandering to a witchhunt.

That forum is a nightmare to mod and if it continues to bring too much attention to itself, the chances of it being shut down are there.
    Users should realise that if they cannot behave this will be the result.
    All it will take is attracting DeVore's attention on a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

not to the satisfaction of the majority of the soccer forum I might add.
    To be fair, "The majority of the soccer forum" didn't post in that feedback thread.

I didn't read T4TF's comments, but I imagine they were nothing more than light-hearted pisstakes. It's football, not a funeral. Laugh it off.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    To be fair, "The majority of the soccer forum" didn't post in that feedback thread.

I didn't read T4TF's comments, but I imagine they were nothing more than light-hearted pisstakes. It's football, not a funeral. Laugh it off.

Fair enough I'll leave it at that. Everyone has had their say.
    I'll report trolling posts in future instead of rising to the bait.

Can you check how long he has banned me from soccer for please?

thanks

Drop a PM to who ever banned you and ask them.

Id prefer not to have contact with T4TF

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

PSI banned you I think. Didn't he?

Well i got the pm from T4TF to say i was banned.

Not to worry anyway, ill wait 2 weeks and send PSI a pm to see what happens

• Advertisement
Advertisement