Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free GAA Jerseys

• 12-05-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭

Postbank have an offer for people opening new current and savings accounts. You open a current and savings account and you get a voucher for any county jersey in elverys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭cycling is fun

hi sounds so good how do you know about this can find no info on website also do you have to open 2 a/cs a current a/c and a savings a/c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Given a flier on the street outside Andrews street today. The deal was suppose to launch today so the thing may not be on the web yet. Dunno if its two accounts, i think its one account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭cycling is fun

great thanks with enquire in the next few days sounds like a great idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

terrific, time for a new corcaigh jersey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Its on their site now => here

I've looked through terms and conditions and can't see any clawback if account is closed out in a few weeks? Have I missed anything? Are there any account charges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭yknaa

It appears the account requires a committment to be a regular saver and set up a direct debit for a specified amount each month.

for long?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    for long?

Read the link above. Has it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Once the account is opened the voucher is sent within 30 days so they wouldnt have control after this i imagine. Doesnt state that it has to be open for a certain time length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

davton wrote: »
    Once the account is opened the voucher is sent within 30 days so they wouldnt have control after this i imagine. Does state that it has to be open for a certain time length.

Here's the deal. Agree to pay 20 euro per month from your Everyday Current Account to your Everyday Saver, get the voucher, then if you want, take back your money. But it's free, there's no charges, and you can pay your bills online/transfer cash to other a/cs, use the free debit card, etc...without all the BS and queueing of regular banks. Yay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Do all post offices do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

According to Examiner this morn 270 have it now, 500 by July and 1000 by end of Summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

kearnsr wrote: »
    Do all post offices do this?

https://www.postbank.ie/portal/start.asp?

Click Postbank Locator on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

a twenty euro saving is all thats required so. excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Right can you sign up for this at any post office? If so I'm there!!

hunter164 wrote: »
    Right can you sign up for this at any post office? If so I'm there!!
    A limited number - check the list on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭walshs3

am i right in saying that a debit card is isuued to you with this account(reading through the long terms and conditions of the account) so therfore you would have the government card levy thing of ten euro or whatever it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

I looked at the T & C and I think its only if you actually use the card that you are liable for the charge. As far as I can see, set uop the accounts, lodge the money, get your voucher and then you can close it if you wish.

Tried opening one yday in post office and they didnt seem to know much about it! It was 5.45 and they told me to come back some other time as they were about to close! great service but Ill forgive them cause it was a sunny evening and they wanted to finish early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Ah but I assume you will be keeping the acct. open for at least a month. And after reading terms and conditions you have to write a letter and give them a weeks notice to shut your account after it being open for more than 14 days.

• Advertisement

As regards the debit card, i sent them a mail and they tell me the government duty will not be applied IF the card is NOT used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

Can I open an account for my kids, set up a dd for 20euro each and get them a jersey each ?

Sorry I would imagine with money laundering thinghy, that this is not possible

Can I open an account for my kids, set up a dd for 20euro each and get them a jersey each ?

Sorry I would imagine with money laundering thinghy, that this is not possible
    Opened my account today and from what i can remember in reading the bumpf that came with it, an individual can open more than one account but be eligible for just the one jersey. Dunno how it goes as regards kids accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Thanks for the heads up on this. It sounds great.

I have a question on the overdraft facility that someone may be able to help me with. I'm assuming I will have to pay interest if I dip into the overdraft, but I can't see any interest figure written on the account.

Also I can't see any fee for the overdraft facility. I have an over draft facility with BOI, and I know I was charged a fee for that privilege. I assume its the same here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

rosboy wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up on this. It sounds great.

I have a question on the overdraft facility that someone may be able to help me with. I'm assuming I will have to pay interest if I dip into the overdraft, but I can't see any interest figure written on the account.

Also I can't see any fee for the overdraft facility. I have an over draft facility with BOI, and I know I was charged a fee for that privilege. I assume its the same here?

i think the overdraft is free up to the first €250, if you want more there is a separate from to fill to apply for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LCPL SWOFFORD

Sorry no Wicklow Jerseys in stock. :p

no i hear they are available in every county but cork....

sumthin to do with them not bein stab proof or sumthin, i didnt really hear properly...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lovely, cheers for this. Must look around and see what I can do now, need some new jerseys.

Got voucher in this mornings post. Should have used it by now but despite visiting 2 elverys, no shirt in xl..
    They really run a barebones stock policy. I understand why they do it but not great from a customer point of view. They might as well just switch to online sales only.
    Will try store no. 3 tomorrow.

Advertisement