Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The P45 and overclocking

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Who cares how hard it is to oc, I'm still droolin since i saw this

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

really? you would love my Maximus Extreme time to move on to ddr3.

Yep, my p35 is gettin dated, anything newer is droolsome......says he checking his cc balance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This sounds like a ****ing nightmare.

This sounds like a ****ing nightmare.

no overclocking the fsb either on the new cpus only one way to go AMD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

TonyM. wrote: »
    no overclocking the fsb either on the new cpus only one way to go AMD

Which overclocks the fsb from the default 200MHz up to 215MHz without problems :p:D

Until Intel lock out overlocking altogether in Nehalem, More here and here. With the on chip memory controller they have full control.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yep, my p35 is gettin dated, anything newer is droolsome......says he checking his cc balance ;)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-149-MS&groupid=595&catid=689&subcat=

The 780i is still a good board must be ok at half price.

meh

Nvidia chipset, not knocking it but I've no interest in Sli, I prefer a single card soluion on an Intel chipset.

• Advertisement

But is's not showing any advantage over x48, This review on VR-Zone.
    The P45 chipset is a simple refresh of the P35, and apart from some basic feature updates, there isn't much for us to see now as next generation technology such as 10GBe isn't quite ready for the masses yet. For those getting a new PC, a P45 board might spell nice for you, but we just do not see why should anyone upgrade to a P45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I Want Mroe Phase !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Until Intel lock out overlocking altogether in Nehalem, More here and here. With the on chip memory controller they have full control.

they'd lose a huge fan base and i doubt they'll follow through on that, I think they said something about that for the core2's but nothing ever came to light but as for overclocking getting more complicated.....ah ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

You have to adjust all of those "scary" settings to get a decent fsb on a quad core these days anyway...

What be the problem?

67b83fd0-4094-44ad-89d7-cbd7c8d44f4.jpg

:O

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

I prefer the white/blue theme of Asus' last boards, to the childish "lets-paint-the-town-gay" coloured Gigabyte boards:

asus%20maximus%20formula%2011.jpggigabyte_conroe_motherboard.jpg

Advertisement