Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with Torrents using a 3 USB modem

Options
  • 12-05-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to setup a 3 USB Data modem to use torrents. I don't expect amazing speeds, but I would like better then 2-4kbs

I'm using Win XP Pro and Bitcomet.

So unless they are restricting P2P, I'm hoping there is a way to do it.

thks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Dammer wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how to setup a 3 USB Data modem to use torrents. I don't expect amazing speeds, but I would like better then 2-4kbs

I'm using Win XP Pro and Bitcomet.

So unless they are restricting P2P, I'm hoping there is a way to do it.

thks ;)
    you cant, youre using a proxy server and dont have a direct internet connection( running ipconfig /all will show 10.X.Y.Z for your ipaddress ), sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Thanks for the reply. :)

I remember that something similar was asked on the 3 megathread sticky, but I could not find anything else on it.

Would opening a port or com on my PC improve speeds any?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Dammer wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. :)

I remember that something similar was asked on the 3 megathread sticky, but I could not find anything else on it.

Would opening a port or com on my PC improve speeds any?
    no, my bro has 3 also, and portforwarding is pointless because you dont have an internet ipaddress, therefore you cant upload normally. On top of that youre on their subnet and behind NAT. Sorry but there is 0 way to get it working as youre being crippled by 3( most likely they do this deliberately to fully control all traffic

I suggested to my bro to get 'proper' broadband, you could be lucky though and get some seeders that arent looking for uploads increasing your download speed, but thats just chance

Sorry man, it just sux

Advertisement