Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to hold 60th birthday party for 40-50 people

Options
  • 12-05-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just looking for suggestions for a venue for a 60th, hotel function rooms are a bit on the big side and a bit soulless unless your having a sit down dinner and a pub is a bit too small. (a superpub in town wouldn't be her thing).

Any ideas I would appreciate it...

Tks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

OwenM wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just looking for suggestions for a venue for a 60th, hotel function rooms are a bit on the big side and a bit soulless unless your having a sit down dinner and a pub is a bit too small. (a superpub in town wouldn't be her thing).

Any ideas I would appreciate it...

Tks,

Here's a place you might consider; the Ballysheedy Inn (formerly Spellacy's Pub and then refurbed and rebuilt as the "Weigh Inn") it's only 8mins from city centre and has a lovely function/private room, not too big not too small and the new owner/leasor is a sound guy and would welcome your business. If you do want a bit of finger food etc. it is the bees knees! ps. no prob with a bit of after hours either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Scotts bar in alandale has a fine function room that isnt to big and the food is nice as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

The Georgian House and Garden in Pery square is a lovely venue, you get the use of the whole house and the garden so its nice and personal and intimate. Its also great for pictures. I had my sons christening there and my nans 80th and it was perfect for both occasions all the guest commented on it.
    there number is 061 314130, Id really recommend it and its resonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Bentleys on O'connell St, nice beer garden and they have 2 function rooms. It's nice venue and quiet. I don't have their number but just google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Woodfield House Hotel, Ennis Road?

• Advertisement
Advertisement