Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault trade in value?

Options
  • 12-05-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm just looking to see if anyone has any guestimates of how much I should be expecting as a trade in value for my car.

I drive a renault clio 1.2 2001 3 door grande(english import). It has 67,000 miles, fully NCDed and taxed till July. I'm looking to trade in rather than private sale, but I just want to know how much I should be expecting to get off the new car.

My clio does not have a renault radio, has a fitted sunroof and only one key which could be a problem.

I paid 6000 two years ago if thats any use. If any other info is needed let me know.

Thanks

Bnev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

bnev wrote: »
    My clio does not have a renault radio, has a fitted sunroof and only one key which could be a problem.

Do you mean a factory fited sunroof or an aftermerket ( or has there been some development in removeable sunroofs that passed me by :))

The trade in will depend on a few things. Not least of which what your trading in against and where (make/model/saleability/main delaer/independent)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭bnev

removable sunroof technology will be all the rage in a few years.....its after sales fitted i was told. ;)

I'm looking to trade in against a new clio approx 14,000 in value. I'll be doing it either in a main renault dealer or some other dealer, such as merlin motors??

If anyone has a rough estimate it would be appreciated.

Bnev

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

bnev wrote: »

If anyone has a rough estimate it would be appreciated.

Book Value of a 2001 5 door sport model with 68,000 miles on the clock is €4,300. I'd ask for €4,000 on the trade in, but would drop down to €3,500 ish.

It all depends on what the margin on the new car is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

R.O.R wrote: »
    Book Value of a 2001 5 door sport model with 68,000 miles on the clock is €4,300. I'd ask for €4,000 on the trade in, but would drop down to €3,500 ish.

It all depends on what the margin on the new car is though.

I wouldn't trust the book value, it's useless half the time.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Renault/Clio/1.2-Sport/1049210/

Put the costs of preparing it for sale, warranty etc. etc. Same car with lower mileage. Alot of dealers use carzone. I'd be happy with anything around 3200-3500. Sold a 04 newer model only two weeks ago for 6200...

Advertisement