Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of the new theme tune then?

• 12-05-2008 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

IMO the new rock-style opening sequence kicks @SS!!

What do you guys think? And sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

IMO the new rock-style opening sequence kicks @SS!!

What do you guys think? And sorry if this has been mentioned before.

4 4 drum beat if I am not mistaken, cello has been brought up in the mix and a bit of gain put on it. Personally I wish they'd go back to the ol electronic theme because old Who broke new ground with its theme! Its still good though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Meh, I'm not sold on it. The one consistent negative with the new series has been the poor music. Murray Golds work has been overblown, overwrought and about 11 levels too loud. I can forgive New Who's script writing when it strays into melodrama & saccharin levels of emotion, but then when Golds music blasts into my ear drums, the goodwill disappears.

The theme music itself is suitably dramatic, but as said, lacks the electronic punch of the old tune.

Advertisement