Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unread messages=zero,zilch,none. nada.

• 12-05-2008 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

i feel neglected lonely and left out.
    the only messages i ever had were warnings and notices that im going to be banned etc.
    i wish somebody would send me a nice note.
    especially a girl!
    with long legs!
    and red hair!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I currently have 285 in my inbox.

The odd mod related things, but a fair few from random boardsies.

I don't think I've been banned from anywhere yet:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah the whole PM thing doesn't really happen that much does it? Maybe if you make good friends with someone on here you might have conversations through them.

I had a notification to change my sig. And other than that I PM'd a girl who hadn't posted to update on her situation so I just checked up, and fair play, she replied quickly.

We should all pick a random boardsie and PM them to say hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

you've officially been PMed! booyeaaah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Recieved 147

Sent 138

ooooooh yeah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I've 1147 in my inbox at the moment.

I get so many that I've still 3 that I haven't gotten to read yet. They range from the "I think you're great, keep up the good work" to the "You're a west brit and shouldn't dare to call yourself Irish" type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

If you haven't got pm's your not annoying people in the right way a lot of people like to pm me to tell me how much they dislike me anwhich means Im doing my job right

Damn interweb bullys wont stop me talking shiv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I started a 'PM Random Boardsies' rally the last time a threaad like this came up about a month back. That thread slowly sank into oblivion as this one surely shall... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mine needs culling, I've some from as far back as August 2006 though I have space for 8000 I might leave it for a while. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Mirror wrote: »
    I started a 'PM Random Boardsies' rally the last time a threaad like this came up about a month back. That thread slowly sank into oblivion as this one surely shall... :(

Don't think like that! I think the last one was great! I got messages! :)

U r teh man mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I've got a few, mainly from mates though. That strangely enough tend to have under ten actual posts haha!

I'm fluckin' tired...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Space for 5,000, total, 621.

Some of those were ones people sent twice.

Over 6 years, that's not a lot.

I'm so ronery ;_;

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I wouldnt mind a few :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I'm getting more now I'm organising Ninja Karaoke! But apart from that I don't even get spam emails :( I think it's because I have several email accounts and am careful to Mung my adresses!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Have space for 5,000 and I've got 1,015. I bet there's a lot of shíte in there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

PM's I get are usually "Why did you move my ad" or "**** off with your infraction, little nazi"

I have to say, thanks for the continual flow of screenshots from the mod forum AC ;)

Oh, also, since I changed my user title to what it is now, I've got a few nice suggestions of what I should do with the site :D

The Queen wrote: »
    Don't think like that! I think the last one was great! I got messages! :)

U r teh man mirror.
    Well coolio, I did some good in the boards world! :)

Wow I didn't even see it. I'm now going to search for a random word in AH and PM whoever's name I come to whe I stop scrolling. They shall have a pleasant message awaiting them when they check their inbox. And it shall be a nice start to the day. Or they'll think I'm some ****!n weirdo. Either way is fine by me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I think I pm'd nearly every person on that thread who said they had never received a random pm, half of them didn't reply and I'm pretty sure I freaked a few people out :o

Think I might choose a random boardsie a day to pm and say hi to and say something nice to brighten up their day, spread the love around a bit, hmmmm

My inbox has 396 atm, I feel so loved :)

orestes wrote: »
    I think I pm'd nearly every person on that thread who said they had never received a random pm, half of them didn't reply and I'm pretty sure I freaked a few people out :o

Think I might choose a random boardsie a day to pm and say hi to and say something nice to brighten up their day, spread the love around a bit, hmmmm

My inbox has 396 atm, I feel so loved :)
    Wow... I don't think I've ever been quoted so much on one page!

I have finally reached stardom on boards. My life is complete. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Another PM sent to Flanum.

IM going to PM a random person in the next 10 mins from this Thread!! oh what to write, what to write.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i think the only PMs i've gotten in the last year were from Cushion banning me. meh... the concept of having one to one communication with random boardsies doesn't appeal. daft bunch you all are. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

i think the only PMs i've gotten in the last year were from Cushion banning me. meh... the concept of having one to one communication with random boardsies doesn't appeal. daft bunch you all are. :pac:

pm sent to you

Just randomized someone! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Sherifu wrote: »
    PM sent.

Yep, also sent.

Damn, just as I start getting them, my battery on my laptop is about to die :( Dont have the charger either :( Night everyone! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

orestes wrote: »
    pm sent to you

*shudder*

:pac:

i actually remembered another few conversations i had this year. one was when i helped Tar find her MP3player. i'm such a do gooder.

*shudder*

:pac:

i actually remembered another few conversations i had this year. one was when i helped Tar find her MP3player. i'm such a do gooder.
    But naturally. I mean she's so tasty, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

uh-oh!

*opens can of worms*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

I haz a pm, i likez it a lot. i read it every day. i feedz it and petz it, someday it can haz a brother if anyone ever pmz me againz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

flanum wrote: »
    i feel neglected lonely and left out.
    the only messages i ever had were warnings and notices that im going to be banned etc.
    i wish somebody would send me a nice note.
    especially a girl!
    with long legs!
    and red hair!

I could forward you on the one's that are normally sent to me but trust me after ten you'll be begging me to stop, having PM option isn't always fun :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kazobel wrote: »
    I could forward you on the one's that are normally sent to me but trust me after ten you'll be begging me to stop, having PM option isn't always fun :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not really sure what you mean Kazobel. You don't like them as they are aggressive/offensive/downright stupid/A.N.Other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

rb_ie wrote: »
    I've 1147 in my inbox at the moment.

I get so many that I've still 3 that I haven't gotten to read yet. They range from the "I think you're great, keep up the good work" to the "You're a west brit and shouldn't dare to call yourself Irish" type.

By "keep up the good work", do you mean people send this to you because of your posts here, or do they know you outside of here? Genuine question btw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I could forward you on the one's that are normally sent to me but trust me after ten you'll be begging me to stop, having PM option isn't always fun

Then turn it off in your user cp or stick the person on ignore.

eoin_s wrote: »
    By "keep up the good work", do you mean people send this to you because of your posts here, or do they know you outside of here? Genuine question btw.
    Oh all because of my posts here, particularly in times when my character was in erm...question...nice messages of support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just wondering, if you're a mod and someone reports a post in your forum, is it sent to your email address or is it a pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

31, I'm so unpopular :(

(read: pm me!)

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just wondering, if you're a mod and someone reports a post in your forum, is it sent to your email address or is it a pm?
    It sends all the mods of that forum an email. If there are no mods for that forum then it sends it to the admins. It also creates a thread in a forum that only mods can view (funnily enough called Reported Posts) so that the mods in question can discuss it if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It sends all the mods of that forum an email. If there are no mods for that forum then it sends it to the admins. It also creates a thread in a forum that only mods can view (funnily enough called Reported Posts) so that the mods in question can discuss it if needs be.
    cool :pac:

Lol, I just tested what happens when a post is reported in a hosted forum (never had one before, that's how well my forum is ran:)). I got an email about it, surely enough, along with a link to the "discussion thread" in the reported posts forum which I've no access to. Wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sure go on so, pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what you mean Kazobel. You don't like them as they are aggressive/offensive/downright stupid/A.N.Other?

Along the lines of "You're hot, but I'm straight really, how about meeting for a quick fcuk?" and who says romance is dead huh? :rolleyes:
    Then turn it off in your user cp or stick the person on ignore.

Can't put a person on ignore unless they mail me, what a stupid comment! they get put on ignore AFTER they mail me but before they mail me I can't just put people randomly on ignore ffs :rolleyes:

Can't put a person on ignore unless they mail me, what a stupid comment! they get put on ignore AFTER they mail me but before they mail me I can't just put people randomly on ignore ffs :rolleyes:

What's with the aggression, I was only pointing out features of the site that you may find useful. Not everyone knows about the ignore feature.

Yes you don't know what people will say to you but if you have a fairly good idea that someone is going to be a twat to you (through some of the comments they have directed at you on threads maybe) then you can stick them on ignore. Also like I said you can turn off pms in your user cp so that no one can send you a pm. Hardly ideal but that option is there when having the pm option isn't fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I've a total of 2pms.

One is spam, the other is granting me access to a forum.

It's terrible. =(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you are not loved.

ive had 276 since joining. about 5 from day one when i had to have negotiations with hullaballú over a legal discussion thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

I have 2 - one received and one sent.

I tend to delete mine every couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

total since I joined, in or around 7k, archived.

atm just mere 595

7k may be an exaggeration..just a wee bit

• Advertisement
Advertisement