Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unread messages=zero,zilch,none. nada.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

flanum wrote: »
    i feel neglected lonely and left out.
    the only messages i ever had were warnings and notices that im going to be banned etc.
    i wish somebody would send me a nice note.
    especially a girl!
    with long legs!
    and red hair!

I have long legs, red hair and a penis. I'll send you one anywho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I've sent and received less than 150 I'd say. Though I didn't really post until about six months ago having joined years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have about 900 at the moment, overall since joining I've gotten several k...but all regarding sales/purchases. no random love for me!

my girlfriend always get random pm's from loosers trying to chat her up...it's sad really. One actually went along the lines of 'I notice you're in Galway. I'm in Galway too'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

171 out of 5000. I've sent and received a lot more than that though. Haven't really gotten any PM's recently :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some spam, some personal but majority is sig violation notifications/snitch reports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't send many, which is probably why I don't receive many either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

170... Most of em relating to buying or selling on adverts tho..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

So how's everyone doing? I slept, and woke up to no PM's, so not very well it would seem! :(

I've got 196 at the moment, and another 300 archived. A lot of work related stuff but I've had some random PM's from a few people, it's nice I think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

^^ That could be my new sig. It's sad but true. :o

Apart from two messages now, I have no PMs. The only ones I have are for sale ad replies and infractions. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I have about 900 at the moment, overall since joining I've gotten several k...but all regarding sales/purchases. no random love for me!

my girlfriend always get random pm's from loosers trying to chat her up...it's sad really. One actually went along the lines of 'I notice you're in Galway. I'm in Galway too'.
    You think that's bad?

My girlfriend got one from some freak saying he couldn't stop thinking about her face and how he'd like to cum on it. It was before we started going out, and sent by a guy from the poker forum but in all honesty, what kind of person sends that kind of stuff to random girls on the internet?

Charming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Mirror wrote: »
    So how's everyone doing? I slept, and woke up to no PM's, so not very well it would seem! :(

I've got 196 at the moment, and another 300 archived. A lot of work related stuff but I've had some random PM's from a few people, it's nice I think :)

I got a few earlier because of this thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I have 301 pm's .
    182 recieved .
    119 sent .

Mostly personal although i also have deleted some to, you know who you are ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

I just reached 50 private messages, but I've only ever had the one random message. I think it was meant for some one else though :(

pd101 wrote: »
    I just reached 50 private messages, but I've only ever had the one random message. I think it was meant for some one else though :(
    Well in fairness I did put "Please pass this on to yore ma" in the first sentence of it...

:p

• Advertisement

Where are all teh wimminz??

Hiding from you :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Obviously in the Poker Forum!! :D

antodeco wrote: »
    Obviously in the Poker Forum!! :D
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I currently have 6 messages in my inbox.

2 of these messages are not about friend codes. I feel this is far too much attention. :pac:

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote: »
    Hiding from you :D
    Not true, yore ma is right here next to me! :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Not true, yore ma is right here next to me! :D:pac:

Damn man, thats me in a wig!! I gotta stop bending over so much

antodeco wrote: »
    Damn man, thats me in a wig!! I gotta stop bending over so much
    Why? You're arse is so firm! :eek:

I want a PM

Something lovely. Maybe about my ass. Or my personality. Yes. My personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I sent a few to people when they whined about not recieving any PMs in the last thread about PMs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

97 PM's in total, three more and I'm in triple figures!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

74 messages out of 500 allowed, 40 received and the rest sent (eh, obviously...)

One I received seemed random enough but led to almost 4 months of correspondance, mostly on stuff I posted in the Creative Writing forum.

I got a random one today, from somebody pointing out a flaw I was already well aware of with regards to my username :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

339..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Hurray for random PM's I say!

My last pm was on the 07-05-2008 at 15:35 so by my calculations i am due a pm soon from N E BOD E :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I sent my random PM (after searching for the word sandwiches) and received a reply. The system works people!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

rb_ie wrote: »
    Well in fairness I did put "Please pass this on to yore ma" in the first sentence of it...

:p

Walked right into that one :o. Anyway if anyone wants to send a random pm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

This has inspired me to send a random PM to the next person I see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

^^^^
    Oooh pick me pick me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I'm special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've got 12 messages.O unread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Cant remember ever getting a random PM:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    I'm special.
    Is PM how you communicate with your therapist?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I've never gotten an interesting one. come on internet! :p

• Advertisement

I've never gotten an interesting one. come on internet! :p

Pm sent;)

No,not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

58....and I had to do most of the work m'self! :(

Last unsolicited PM I recieved was from someone saying I'd restored their faith in "normal" people out there.

Something to do with the fact that I don't do one night stands.

Ah well.

Since becoming a mod I've recieved no mod mail.
    Damn law abiding WWII folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Was that me? :(

Actually, I got a fairly random pm recently from a user I didn't know asking me what exactly a particular sexual term meant (and I couldn't even remember using the term any time recently, so that wasn't the reason!).

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that says about me ... or whether to take it as a compliment or an insult! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

I got a really weird one last year on here.

This message basically sayin that this person thought i was a lovely bloke and was really helpful before with something i did for her.

Anyway she (assuming she was who she said she was and not some dude winding me up) kept PMing and PMing getting more intense and asked me did i want to meet up for a drink,so i said yeah sure why not.

As soon as i agreed to meet up she flipped sayin 'ah no i wouldn't do that cos i met your gf on a night out and she seems really nice and i wouldn't want to hurt her'.

My intentions were to meet up to see who the hell this was (my gf was fully informed because i thought it was her messing at one stage) but it never happened and she just disappeared off the face of the boards earth!

Crazy People!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Silverfish wrote: »
    Space for 5,000, total, 621.

Some of those were ones people sent twice.

Over 6 years, that's not a lot.

I'm so ronery ;_;

Oooooh one ahead of you on 622 currently, though I've probably deleted about 200.

Mostly conversations with people from the soccer forum or other sound lads across the forums I frequent. I got to put one tool in his place there the other day after he had a little dig at me :cool:

Random PMs from female users are always a welcome treat.

• Advertisement

Actually, I got a fairly random pm recently from a user I didn't know asking me what exactly a particular sexual term meant (and I couldn't even remember using the term any time recently, so that wasn't the reason!).

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that says about me ... or whether to take it as a compliment or an insult! :D

your username/avatar wouldent have anything to do with it would it ?

it speaks volumes :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

only get them for mod related stuff. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

flanum wrote: »
    uh-oh!

*opens can of worms*
    I think it's safe to say the OP got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

I woudnt mind a PM or 2 tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Welcome, Parsley.
    You last visited: Today at 13:34
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 19.

:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement