Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iquique

• 12-05-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Has anybody been here? It was on my list of places to visit while in Chile, but got an email from an ex colleague who said it was the worst place he'd been so far. Is that the general opinion, or just bad luck?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Worst place how? It all depends what your expectations are of the place. It's not a big party town although they are trying to turn it into a popular resort. It's basically a stop over town in the Chilean equivelant of the American wild west. It's a very quiet place and feels like there is feck all people around. A lot of the shops do be closed for some reason. Most people go for the paragliding, surfing, chilling out in the nice weather and duty free shopping. There is some zone there without tax. It's not a place i would go out of my way to go to. I was just going that way from Peru. I'd keep the worst place ever title for some of the cities in Central America where they are kips and mad dangerous. Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula for example. I think your mad just had higher expectations of Iquique because it's talked about a lot on the backpacker circuit.

Advertisement