Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rhyme for tying shoe laces

Options
  • 13-05-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi this my first time posting on this...
    ive been wracking my brains trying to remember a rhyme that was used to help me shoe laces when i was young.
    have a four year old daughter and have been searching the net, found lots about bunny ears and building tepees but not the one im looking for. not sure if it was made up especially for me or not... its something like .."into school, round the corner etc etc" can anyone help me out? thanks. would like to use same rhyme if possible when teaching my daughter. :confused:
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

LilMama, try asking the mammy, the sisters and brothers, the cousins?

When you find it, do share, please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

There is a rhyme but I can't remember it. Think it was on the back of the Early Learning Centre plastic shoe that is designed to help children to learn how to tie their shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lilmama

thanks will see if i can find it and will keep askin around. stuck on it now and determined to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

Found this on line it might not be the one you are looking for

http://www.sacredheart.mec.edu/ShoeTying.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lilmama

thanks sasmac, i had actually seen that one before but unfortunately its not the right one, think im gonna have to give up on it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

I can only remember the one for knitting ("In to the rabbit hole, round the tree, out of the rabbit hole and off pops she") but yeah, vaguely remembering something similar for lace-tying. I got it in school I think though, rather than from my mam.

Maybe try asking nursery/primary school teachers that you know, if your family can't help?

Or make up something yourself :D

Advertisement