Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Rig - How To Build?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭conormurphy

ok thank you mate and that will play everything? will it play ms flight simulator x?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

skuzzb wrote: »

PLEASE just buy this exact system...

MSI P6N SLI V2, Sockel 775 nForce650i SLI, ATX
    63,49 €
    Sparkle 9600GT, 512MB, PCI-Express
    106,06 €
    Antec Sonata III, ATX, 500 Watt
    96,22 €
    Samsung SH-S203D bulk schwarz
    23,78 €
    Samsung HD250HJ, 250GB 7200, 8 MB Cache, NCQ S-ATA II
    36,27 €
    2048MB-Kit OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum Dual Channel, CL4
    35,63 €
    Intel Pentium Dualcore E2160 "Box", LGA775
    49,90 €
    Sum: 411,30 €
    Total 431.30 delivered

Exactly

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Put your rod away :D

haha... whut?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

Yes it will play FS X but not at the highest settings....you might get medium to run smooth on a low res monitor.....

@ Squall.....i think he doesnt know what overclocking is....Actually screw all my advice.....vostro 200 and 8800gs is the only safe option if thats the case LOL

Thats cool, thanks for your help

• Advertisement

Final step, change E2160 to E2180, 200mhz increase for €2

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=17478&agid=398

Ok, can you tell me some newer games that will work on this, its not that i want to play them but if I could it would be good i guess... COD4 maybe?

Cod4, Crysis, Gears of War, Orange Box..

Im just after starting Penumbra, very good so far..

crysis?

yeh crysis on medium/low settings will run fine!

COD4 will run at max settings too....that system has pretty much the exact specs of my current system which has cost of 1200 overall.

• Advertisement

computerbuilddabsieeo9.jpg

How would this beast work? The aul one isnt to keen on spending a big chunk on the credit card, just one of those things... Will this be in anyway decent?

hardwareversand.de uses bank transfer so you go into the bank with cash and hand the cash to the person and ask them to transfer it!!!!no credit card required, no crappy system!!!

*EDIT* you picked yourself some laptop ram there so be carefull! Do some more research on building pc's!

hwvsbuildum8.jpg
    This is what im going to get...

The games I will be playing are Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Counter Strike:Source, Fifa

Maybe Team Fortress 2 or Call Of Duty 4 in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

hwvsbuildum8.jpg
    This is what im going to get...

The games I will be playing are Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Counter Strike:Source, Fifa

Maybe Team Fortress 2 or Call Of Duty 4 in the future

Seems okay, I would usually say stay away from any 8600 cards, but it should run those games pretty well. Remember.. "delivery date unknown".. could mean you would be waiting a long time for just one component. Also, for 20 euro, they will build the PC for you. Personally I would dig up another 35 euro and get the XFX GeForce 8800GS "XXX" 680M (90 euros or so) just so you can run crysis and COD4 at a nice framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'd be wary of buying that case- its of poor quality (as is the PSU)- I nearly bought it but the reviews put me off

Yea Im gonna get a case off dabs.ie instead, see through and all! Me likey

Advertisement