Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is dublin country north?

Options
  • 13-05-2008 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

Where is dublin country north? then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Everywhere in Dublin north of the liffey that isn't part of the part of the city (and therefore have a post code). Parts of west dublin may not be included.

examples of north county dublin towns

swords, malahide, skerries, lusk, rush, balbriggan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thanks for that.

As already mentioned, a good rule to go by for the north of the county is if there is a post code it's probably more suited to the Dublin City forum.

Areas covered would be the likes of:

The Airport
    Ballyboghil
    Howth
    Portmarnock
    Malahide
    Donabate
    Swords
    Rush
    Lusk
    Skerries
    Balbriggan
    Balscadden

Have a look at the East Section of the regional forum and you'll see that there are Dublin County North/South/West/15 forums and a Dublin City forum. If you're still unsure, I usually find doing a search of the place name in both the city and county forums will show where the thread should go.

Hope that clears things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Baldoyle?

Really?

It's d13 isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Yup, Baldoyle is D13. Howth while having a Co Dublin address is generally considered as being more city by us natives. It's a strange one as the Sutton half of the peninusla/tombolo is D13, so there seems no particular reason for Howth not to be D13 apart from snobbery and a few extra thousand on house prices. I'll do a straw poll in the pub later.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The general Fingal area I suppose with a few exceptions.

• Advertisement

*removes Baldoyle from the list*

Hehe, I was copying and pasting there...thought I'd removed all the irrelevant ones from the Fingal list. Apologies my eagle-eyed posters :)

As for Howth, I'm happy for it to be included here as I'd consider it north county.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

fancourt heights for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ahwell i'd be one of those exceptions then being in fingal and d13, and hearing the siren (although didn't see the other thread), bet it could have been heard in dublin county too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

The postcodes around Dublin are ridiculous. Who let them stray into the county? The truth is nobody has any control of them, especially when an area is build greenfield near the boundary. The Post Office has NO POWERS to insist on postcode integrity, neither do the local authorities which is why parts of D13 have wandered out over the county city line, egs Dublin 11 now "in practise" covers Lanesbourough and Charlestown. Dublin 17 is whatever the hell developers trying to sell houses north of Clare Hall want it to be. D13 is almost a complete joke because apparantly 50% of the people in Howth don't use it. Dublin 9 is the Airport, if someone wants it to be.

Once again the lack of coherence shows how bad Ireland is and I guess its one reason why there will be a new postcode system that pushes all these ridiculous makey-uppey postcode boundaries back to snap onto legal boundaries.

• Advertisement

Are these lines based on anything? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

You're a very angry poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

since when is dublin north county a country

since when is dublin north county a country

Ah I think it's just a typo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

blastman wrote: »
    Thats one description alright.

blastman wrote: »

No I'm not. how dare you - that was an outrage. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Its just that I've lived overseas on 3 occasions and I hate when Irish people discuss how all the Government systems are compared that things don't stack up and people are generally (1) wedded to mediocrity and (2) view things are fine just as they are without being in any way informed of the benefits of change

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

view things are fine just as they are without being in any way informed of the benefits of change

There would be a benefit to change below.
    Its just that I've lived overseas on 3 occasions and I hate when Irish people discuss how all the Government systems are compared that things don't stack up and people are generally (1) wedded to mediocrity and (2) view things are fine just as they are without being in any way informed of the benefits of change

Bluetonic wrote: »
    There would be a benefit to change below.

Actually I didn't need a "THAT". I needed a ","

Is this what you call off-topic. Just checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

We Howthies wish not to associate ourselves with the Sutton D13 riff-raff. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

No I'm not. how dare you - that was an outrage. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Well I was under the impression that the postcodes were the most reliable and uncorruptable forms of geographical referencing in Dublin. What I mean is, you can build an estate between Malahide and Swords and call it Malahide. You can build an estate between Blanch and Castleknock and call it Castleknock but you can't build an estate in D6 and call it d4. The problem of course is that Co Dublin covers a massive area and d15 covers a huge area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The image posted is for guidance only, Dublin corporation / Fingal co co would have a map with the actual bounderies.

Advertisement