Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Posted my resit assignment under the door!

• 13-05-2008 3:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Will they accept this? It was due in before the end of term,so on the day of the UCD Ball I brought it up to the school of Classics at around half 3,but there was no-one there.Someone else was in the same boat as me,we waited around for a while,but eventually just filled out the cover sheets and put them under the door.I REALLY need to pass that subject.Anyone know what will happen?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I guess you mean the school office? I always thought administrators had a compulsory 9-5 day. I would have maybe taken a photo of the closed office and/or sent an e-mail to the school office when you posted it under the door so that there's no comeback for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

They do however they restrict opening hours after 3pm in some schools. The School of Sociology closes at 3pm so any assignments have to be handed in beforehand. I don't know about the School of Classics, you'll have to check with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Nothing like brinksmanship. I guess it really must have been important to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

I had one Classics course as an elective this semester and they told us to have our papers in by three, so I think you missed it by half an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

there was no one in richview to hand in home work on 6th may,:Dgot the guy from reception open the office for me,saved!i think this happens alot.in your case ,just pray no cleaner swept away them on floor.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

UCD dude wrote: »
    Will they accept this? It was due in before the end of term,so on the day of the UCD Ball I brought it up to the school of Classics at around half 3,but there was no-one there.Someone else was in the same boat as me,we waited around for a while,but eventually just filled out the cover sheets and put them under the door.I REALLY need to pass that subject.Anyone know what will happen?

Every lecturer and even the postgrads have office keys in the school of Classics. You should have knocked on all the doors, you would have eventually gotten hold of a lecturer who would have stamped it for you. However, you should be fine, especially if you emailed the module coordinator for your course directly after doing this. If not, you might be fuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

This is why I love digital submission. I have never had to deal with this hassle thankfully. I just don't understand why the other schools don't do it. The facilities are there for them.

It does mean I've had assignments with a 12 hour turn-around time though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

This is why I love digital submission. I have never had to deal with this hassle thankfully. I just don't understand why the other schools don't do it. The facilities are there for them.

It does mean I've had assignments with a 12 hour turn-around time though...

Here here! And it saves on printing credit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Most schools have a policy whereby assignments will not be accepted if they are just pushed under the door. You should really go up and check with them to see if they got it and, more importantly, accepted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

i did it with a resit before, no hassle for me. did it recently with another assignment aswell, but the results havnt been posted yet so im not sure about that one...some ppl here are making me feel a little worried about it though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

convert wrote: »
    Most schools have a policy whereby assignments will not be accepted if they are just pushed under the door. You should really go up and check with them to see if they got it and, more importantly, accepted it.

Or, alternatively, a policy where they are accepted :p

Advertisement