Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anonymous Proxy Server or IP Address Masking

• 13-05-2008 5:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey Chaps,

Was over in Vegas recently and went to a couple of gigs which were recorded by AOL Music and are available on the AOL Music website. Only thing is that when I try to view them it says "This clip is not currently available in your area". Turns out you have to be in the US to use AOL Music - cnuts.

I have tried using Anonymous proxies to no avail, anyone know a simple way to make my IP addy look like a US one?. I am presuming that it does an IP check on it.

Appreciate any info...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Feelgood wrote: »
    Hey Chaps,

Was over in Vegas recently and went to a couple of gigs which were recorded by AOL Music and are available on the AOL Music website. Only thing is that when I try to view them it says "This clip is not currently available in your area". Turns out you have to be in the US to use AOL Music - cnuts.

I have tried using Anonymous proxies to no avail, anyone know a simple way to make my IP addy look like a US one?. I am presuming that it does an IP check on it.

Appreciate any info...
    Have you specifically tried a usa proxy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

A quick google will drag up lists of "free" and "anonymous" proxies. Most of these will send an X-FORWARDED-FOR header with your actual IP address, and its likely that AOL are picking up on this. Look for a "high anonymity" proxy as these will not send these headers or anything that identifies it as a proxy, and AOL wont be able to pick up on it.

Of course, AOL and other sites, might have a list of known proxy servers, and may deny access anyway.

Also, if you intend on making use of these open proxy servers, don't switch to BT Ireland. BT are actively blocking access to these proxy servers, much to my annoyance (that and their insistence on resetting my IP address to a completely different one, at seemingly random moments (FFS BT, just give me a static address and stop annoying me))

Advertisement