Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet issue

Options
  • 13-05-2008 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey bit of question, recently ive been having trouble with my internet , basically when i try watch videos on youtube or any site it will play video for few seconds then stop then play again then stop and so on, its really frustrating, anyone know what may be the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭token56

what speed is your connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭moomoo2007

Ah god i dont know i know nothing about computers, if i say 56k would that make sense?

Well if its 56k then thats your problem. To be able to stream/watch videos on the internet without it stopping all the time you would need a faster connection. Your basic broadband package would should be fine for this. But you are currently on a dial-up connection and thats your problem.

Emm i dont think im currently on dial up connection. I have home starter broadband package so basically have wireless set up on my laptop and the streaming of videos used to play without delay until recently :confused: i dont know i havent the energy to ring eircom broadband support because there just useless!!! i

First take this internet speed test to see what speed you are at out of interest http://www.speedtest.net/ click on the yellow pyramid to start it.

Also for whatever internet browser your using, clear its cache, temp internet files etc. This is normally in the internet options under the tools tab.

• Advertisement

Im not at home at mo, in work but ive done all that cleaned up everything to be honest a while back i could be on the internet and next thing internet loses connection and comes back up again on that occasion i rang eircom and they informed me to change the channels in my wirelsss settings but as of late bloody streaming seems to be issue, and even if i connect ethenet cable to laptop it still stalls on playing.

Advertisement