Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the most important thing for you in a relationship?

Options
  • 13-05-2008 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hello,

This is a question for the ladies. I would like your input as to what is the single most important thing in a relationship from your point of view?

Is it attention from your other half, having shared interests, quality time spent together, great sex, being intimate together, being told "I love you" by your OH ?

I'm aware everyone is different however I would just like some feedback from the ladies poiint of view.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Hello,

This is a question for the ladies. I would like your input as to what is the single most important thing in a relationship from your point of view?

Is it attention from your other half, having shared interests, quality time spent together, great sex, being intimate together, being told "I love you" by your OH ?

I'm aware everyone is different however I would just like some feedback from the ladies poiint of view.

Many thanks.

Expect a long list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Today i will answer this :

The most important thing for me in my realtionship is having an unstoppable- constant loving support in my OH.

It is so important to have that unconditional support, i feel that today a lot (stuff goin on) and i know he feels that also today (he also has stuff goin on) and the fact of having someone there to just be there for you, means so very much.

tribulus wrote: »
    Expect a long list

see my post (#3) not all women are as demanding as you may think.

I was coming more from the indecisiveness angle but meh

not as indecisive as you think either.

• Advertisement

My single most important thing in a relationship is that I'm allowed make sweeping generalisations without being nagged :p

j/k

whatever. with the nice stereotypical comment, glad i have a good man, who in turn has me. A frikkin rock . with no demands. or expectations.

Em, it was a joke, :p:D etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Trust, I base my relationship on trusting my oh and him trusting me.

I suppose honesty is a big part of that. trust and honesty come hand in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Communication.

Communication about happiness, unhappiness, contentedness, discontent, money, lack thereof, health, poor health, good moods, bad moods, sex, no sex, not enough sex, too much sex, plans, lack of plans, changes of plans, how the day was, how the day wasn't, how tomorrow will or won't be, the laundry, the cooking, the cats, the chickens, communication about the decent car and the crap car, the bills, the weather, communication about funny things that happened that day, communication about whether or not there's enough communcation and communication about not wanting to communicate.

No communication: no relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Communication.

Communication about happiness, unhappiness, contentedness, discontent, money, lack thereof, health, poor health, good moods, bad moods, sex, no sex, not enough sex, too much sex, plans, lack of plans, changes of plans, how the day was, how the day wasn't, how tomorrow will or won't be, the laundry, the cooking, the cats, the chickens, communication about the decent car and the crap car, the bills, the weather, communication about funny things that happened that day, communication about whether or not there's enough communcation and communication about not wanting to communicate.

No communication: no relationship.

Definitely. would completely agree.

But my first thought was laughter. and hugs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

That we can both happily be ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

Dragan wrote: »

+1

It's so important to be with someone who allows you to be yourself without feeling embarrassed, ashamed, silly etc. I know that I can say whatever I want or do whatever I want around my boyfriend and he loves everything about me - even the silly stuff :) And vice versa for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

single most important thing?

a vagina.

Hello,

Many thanks.

Attention from your other half, having shared interests, quality time spent together, great sex, being intimate together, being told "I love you" oh and he has to feed me :D:D:D
    Communication.

Agreed also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭do you love it?

being each others best friend...kinda encorporates everything...trust honesty communication etc.

Attention from your other half, having shared interests, quality time spent together, great sex, being intimate together, being told "I love you" oh and he has to feed me :D:D:D
    Out of interest, how can you quote his question and yet completely miss the point of it?

Out of interest, how can you quote his question and yet completely miss the point of it?
    what do you mean ?
    all of the above are important to me

what do you mean ?
    all of the above are important to me

Fair enough, but the question was specifically looking for the SINGLE most important thing to you.

If you had to boil it down to one, what would it be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Have to agree with you there good buddy, it's probably why herself and myself have been together for so long - 7 yrs now. Couldn't imagine having to be another person around her.

• Advertisement

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Have to agree with you there good buddy, it's probably why herself and myself have been together for so long - 7 yrs now. Couldn't imagine having to be another person around her.

Yeah, i eventually figured out that is why my past relationships failed. I was trying to be something and someone i wasn't. Esteem issues and all that.

As it turns out i'm a ****ing amazing person so i don't know what i was so worried about!! :)

Fair enough, but the question was specifically looking for the SINGLE most important thing to you.

If you had to boil it down to one, what would it be?

Communication about everything down to complete blatant honesty and I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Agreed, just being yourself around the person, it means you trust the other person to see you just as you are, warts and all. Im with the fella a relativly short time but I love the guy to bits, we can just flake out and be lazy together and its fun

Its true, its my own view of love and we have said it to each other before loads of times

its what I've seen from my parents and they are blissfully happy after 22 years only celebrated just last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KateD

A whole pile of things but I think honesty is number one. Add to that, attentive, loyal, caring, funny, intelligent, ambitious, adventurous, confident and hot and I'd be a very happy camper!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Good sense of humour, loyal, ambitious, good perception.

* I have to be able to laugh with him.

* Loyality, because its what I give out.

* Ambitious, because its exciting and I would be there for lows and highs.

* Someone who understands love, and all that it entails.

* Good perception, because when I dont make my goals - they know how to pick me up and give me the will to try again.

Attractiveness never was an obstacle for me, because all of the above aren't on the front cover. You have to read the book first imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Love.

*cue music*

All you need is love.....

Love is the glue that holds two people together so that they can communicate, that extra spark that makes sex so much better, love makes us want to take care of the other person when they have a manky flu, love makes us happy because we've woken up beside that person, love...is great.

A relationship without love (or the future prospect of it) is a friendship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

It's hard for me to say one single thing because there are so many important factors for me and I couldn't possibly rank them but trust is the main one. I've been messed around too much not to find it important :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Like other people here there are several factors that are important to me but one of the most important things that he does is that he can always make me laugh no matter what.

• Advertisement

cuckoo wrote: »
    Love.

*cue music*

All you need is love.....

Love is the glue that holds two people together so that they can communicate, that extra spark that makes sex so much better, love makes us want to take care of the other person when they have a manky flu, love makes us happy because we've woken up beside that person, love...is great.

A relationship without love (or the future prospect of it) is a friendship.

"All you need is love is a lie,
    we had love but we still said goodbye...."

There is a song for every occassion sadly.

Advertisement