Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moviestar.ie anyone had problems?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Make sure you cancel 4 or 5 days before the end of your payment cycle to ensure they don't try to charge for the next month.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

What's the story with http://www.anpost.ie/movies ?

Got my screenclick DVD today with the above url on the envelope
    Return address is now
    Movies by Mail
    PO Box etc ....

An post take over or just a marketing thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

They are at least starting to add more blu-ray titles to their stock, which was my bug bear. Dunno why it is taking so long to transfer the titles across.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

busman wrote: »
    What's the story with http://www.anpost.ie/movies ?

Got my screenclick DVD today with the above url on the envelope
    Return address is now
    Movies by Mail
    PO Box etc ....

An post take over or just a marketing thing?

I presume they're part of the screenclick empire - got the same green envelope myself and was very :confused: at first.

Still a bit iffy about whether i'll continue with screenclick, the website is slow and messy and the selection is still a little patchy (good for documentaries, not so good for tv box sets and science fiction).

How difficult can it be to transfer over the inventory? Poor planning. The whole change has left me with a lack of goodwill towards screenclick - while in no way am i claiming i'm entitled to it, a month's freebie subscription over the changeover would have me a lot more tolerant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Re screenclick, Do these gobsh1tes even answer emails anymore? They charged me TWICE for February and now they're conspicuously quiet when I email them about it.

I'd cancel today if I wasn't worried it mean I had no bargaining power to get them to do anything about it. Bloody wasters. I would implore everyone reading this to NOT sign-up with these guys. I never had so much hassel with anyone. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try phoning them and explain the situation and they should refund you.

I did phone them. I was in work so I couldn't spend time talking and explaining the problem over the phone. I told them I sent an email 2 days ago and another one yesterday. Turns out "they didn't get them". Sent another email (from 2x different address). Still no word from them. What sort of a company 'doesn't get' emails? Bear in mind I have emailed them before and they DID get them, so there's no problems wrt to addresses etc.

They also sent me some spam saying they had a 'glitch' wrt to people who had applied to watch a panel Q+A and that requests for attendandce were lost and would people resend their applications. I suspect they're f-cking something up big time over there and don't want to come clean about it. Since day1 they've given me the impression they can't run a smooth operation.

Well phone them when you get a chance, dont mention about teh emails or anything keep it straight and simple for them. Just say you checked your credit card statement and you were billed twice and want a refund.

Keep it nice and simple for them ;)

Rang him told and him everything (nice and simple like) and, get this, he said MOVIESTAR (the company that doesn't exist anymore!) took the extra money and that I should contact them for a refund. I said fine and got the details of who to contact.

Then I said "oh btw out of interest are you recieving emails over there?" at screenclick and he goes "yes" and then I said "that's interesting because I've emailed you several times over the past 2 days regarding this matter and not got a single reply". He started humming-and-hawing and once I twigged he was just feeding me a line I saw red. This coupled with the notion that I should start now chasing moviestar myself down for money meant I saw totally red and I told him to stop b/s-ing me around and proceeded to tell him exactly what what I thought of his companys performance and customer service.

Then I asked "so what you're saying is that any money I'm due isn't from screenclick? He said "yes". So spur of the moment I told him "fine, freeze my account, let me see out my final month and don't come looking for any more money from me". Well he didn't like that much but I was fuming by this point.

Not my proudest moment, but it's been a ****ty day I suddenly feel a bit better now. Roll on the w/e.

Roll on the weekend indeed :D

Hope you get it sorted though

• Advertisement

When this happened to me I mailed screenclick at 8am, and they replied at 4pm giving me a moviestar number. I rang the contact number for moviestar.ie. The guy apologised - I wasn't the only one it had happened to, and he said the money would be credited back to my Visa within 3 days, and it was. Given their mail about the forum getting screwed up, perhaps there were gremlins this week.

What I'm not impressed with is sending them a movie back on Wednesday and still not having notification of next send by Friday. Surely An Post isn't THAT bad?

What I'm not impressed with is sending them a movie back on Wednesday and still not having notification of next send by Friday. Surely An Post isn't THAT bad?

Are you talking about screenclick wih this point? Moviestar were normally good imo for quick turnaround.

Screenclick on the other hand are a slightly different story. They seem to delay sending notification to try cover themselves for delays. Because i have often received a dvd as the same day they say the dvd was just dispatched. They clearly hold off on sending them incase they have a problem in sending them since this has happened more than once. If they just send a notification when they do post it, it would make them look better, and delays should then be with anpost.

Yes, I am talking about screenclick. Moviestar are gone to that great big internet company, soldorfailed.com, in the sky. I thought moviestar had a much better range of titles (and strange that screenclick don't, as they bought them out), and their turnover in sending titles was much better. I'll soon be back to Xtravision (assuming they're still in business too).

Advertisement