Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe Storage

Options
  • 13-05-2008 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Hello ladies,

In my bid to reclaim one of the spare rooms from a shoe storage room for my wife and change it into a home office I'm in need of some shoe storage solutions. At the moment I literally can't walk into the room without standing on a pair of shoes.

I want something like this
    http://www.theclearbox.com/step1.htm or http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=30001&partNumber=0176161

Argos are out of stock everywhere and the other looks a bit steep when you add in the cost of shipping.

So come on, I'm sure many of you have came up against this before and me being out of pocket is easier than taking a photo of each shoe and sticking it on front of each shoe box !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

they're on ebay but you'll get stung for shipping. Ikea seem to do them too - why not take a trip up and get some storage and funiture to kit out your office ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What about a fabric one like this

945Y.jpg

You can get them in dunnes, lidles etc. Cheap as chips

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Stop being a pussy and show her who is boss. Put her shoes out in the dog kennel.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

You could try the following website - they do all sorts of storage solutions.

www.theholdingcompany.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Winters wrote: »
    Stop being a pussy and show her who is boss. Put her shoes out in the dog kennel.

You could put them out there, but I don't think they would be comfortable to sleep on.

• Advertisement

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=30001&partNumber=8752305

this is your best bet, i have two and i double up most of the shoes as the boxes can accomodate this
    they don't take up much space either tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

We have tons of shoes and had the same problem. My wife found these wooden shoe rack things (similar to these) that fit in the bottom of all of our wardrobes. Ours hold about 3 rows of shoes and are small enough to fit under the stuff hanging in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Cheers all, it's the boxes I really want as they can be easily stacked or hidden away etc. We've tried the shoe racks and presses before but didn't suit her needs. At the moment she has her shoes all stacked away in their boxes anyway but replacing them with clear ones would be ideal as she often forgets she has certain pairs of shoes until she acidentally comes across them when looking for others. I swear on more than one occasion she's come across a pair of shoes she never wore and forget she had. But those are issues to be discussed with a professional I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

i saw boxes like those in topshop..ya'de be spending a fortune if ya got one for every pair tho.Or i know people have kept them in their origibal boxes and took a polaroid and stuc it to the front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Cheers Ruthee, I see them on their UK website, £6 for 2. I'd say I'd need about 20 to start with ! Which store did you see them in ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement