Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suasages

Options
  • 13-05-2008 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I had some suasages in the fridge that were open three days so I decided to cook them all last night and then leave them in the fridge. They'll be in the fridge when I get home. My question is will they be ok to eat?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What was their best before date? If you cooked them last night and refrigerated them straight away and they're within their best before date and weren't exposed to warmth for too long before you cooked them they should be fine.....

In short: It's hard to say. :)

edit: But; cooking kills bacteria and refrigeration slows its growth, so generally you'd be fine to cook sausages and eat them a day later.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cooking can prolong the "life". You will notice cooked chicken pieces will have a longer use by than fresh chicken. So if you are near the use by you can cook it and it will last a while longer again. BUT they cook in controlled environments. To mimick this you can wrap meat in tinfoil and bake it and cool without opening the tinfoil. Leaving in foil means it is not exposed to new bacteria. Cooking in a pressure cooker for a long enough time will mean it can last indefinitely, this is why tinned and canned foods last so long.

Advertisement