Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 Vibration

Options
  • 13-05-2008 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi all. I was wondering if somebody might be able to offer me some advice? I brought my relatively new '00 Audi A4 out on the motor way at the weekend and I noticed that around 70mph and above, there is vibration in the back. I never noticed this before because there isn't a problem at 60 and below, things are fine. I was just wondering if anybody might have any ideas as to what the problem might be. I have never had the wheels tracked, but maybe this could be causing it? I am just a bit concerned that it might be something more serious. I'd appreciate your views. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you never got the tracking and balancing done on your car then I would start by getting these done, it is probably the cheapest thing to start with. Also have your tyres inspected to make sure they are not damaged, under/over inflated or have uneven thread wear. Make sure you don't have a wheel buckle too.

If the vibration is coming through the steering wheel at around 70mph then my guess is that the wheel balancing is out. Any decent tyre centre will balance and track the car for you. Should cost around €50 or €60 depending where you take it.

Advertisement