Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone to Fix Washing Machine

Options
  • 13-05-2008 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Can someone tell me who I should ring to get a washing machine fixed? Anyone had anyone out for something similar?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sparkle1

Jenolan, We had to call Indesit out to fix our washing machine (It had stopped spinning) apparantly it needed a new electrical board. It cost €114 for the call out and the parts and labour were free. Their number was 1850302200

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jenolan

Thanks Sparkle thats brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Even though all the lights were working etc. our washing machine would not start, Indesit sent out a maintenance guy who fixed it - he said the door was faulty. Turned out the same thing happened a couple of months later so I took the door off and took out the screws at the back of the door.

There is a little piece of metal on the handle that comes loose everytime you slam the door shut - over time it separates from the handle and the machine wont work because it thinks the door is open. All I had to do was slide it back into place. I have had to do this several times since (the wife can't help slamming the door) but at least I dont have to pay the maintenance guy €100 for something so simple. Could be worth checking if this is the problem as it is probably the same model.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jenolan

Thanks Wineman, Unfortunately it won't drain the water out of the machine and now it won't do anything at all!

Anyway Mr Indesit is coming out so hopefully there'll be no need for trips to the laundrette!

Advertisement