Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Universal vol. 2

Options
  • 13-05-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

So anyone else riled up about this? First issue is out this week. I loved the first volume, pity Salvador Larocca isn't pencilling this arc, but the new guy does look pretty good all the same!

Plus the new "Thunderbolts" is out this week, twice the Ellis for me :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Give it another 2 weeks then there will be "delays".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

So Ellis is continuing his approach of launching new stuff rather than finishing his old projects that are hanging around in limbo then? Joy.

(Honestly, I'm at a point where I'm seriously considering not buying any of his new stuff. The main Newuniversal series? On hiatus. Black Summer? Delays. Doktor bloody Sleepless? Delays. Fell? Don't even ask. Desolation Jones? In a black hole somewhere. Last issue of Planetary? God only knows, though allegedly "out by the end of the year".)

So where does this new Newuniversal title fit within the scope of the other series? As in, is it a direct follow-on or just more stuff set in the same world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Who knows, bloody good series though.

I guess I'm a little less concerned about delays right now since I read the first volume as a hardback trade :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

who's the new artist then? i thought salvadore was meant to do it.

bought the first series as a trade. good reinvention of the old new universe characters with some nice twists thrown in so i can see myself getting this too once its collected. hope we get to see some of the DP7 and psiforce guys.

loved the whole thing about the shinning city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Steve Kurth is the guy handling pencils, I don't know what else he's done, but the promo piece on www.marvel.com does look awesome!

• Advertisement
Advertisement