Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slender Xcellerate

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

lolly27 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I bought SE yesterday going to start today, I know it's not a quick fix but hopefully it'll give give me the bit of help I need. I've put on 2 stone since I got married 2 years ago and am really starting to feel like a fatty, I'm 5.5 and 11.12 I excersise 3 times a week for 30 minutes, but doesnt seem to be working, can't seem to say no to nice things, with this bloody recession it's just so hard :) well any excuse :) but am going to try and stick to a good healthy diet keep up my excersise and see how I get on :) anyone have any advise... I know it say's take 3 tablets and after a meal but I never eat breakfast I know I should but I just cant stomach food that early, I'd probably have something about 10.30 and then lunch at 1 would it be ok to take one at 10.30 and then one again at 1 or is that too close to each other ? :)

Are you supposed to take one tablet after every meal?If so I'm sure it would be fine to take one at 10.30 and then one again after lunch.Ofcourse I wouldn't recommend following in her footsteps,but I had a friend that took like about three after every meal :( and it didn't do her any harm,but again,I would eccomend sticking to the one if that's what the label says.

As for advice,perhaps up your exercise to an hour three times a week,instead of the half hour.If it's at the gym you do your work out,take time to relax in between,so it won't seem so strenuous..thoses ab crunch things that you lie on the ground to use are a great way to get a little bit of rest inbetween lol,and if your lucky like in my gym there in a seperate little room that's never very busy :p lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 foxy1

Hi lolly 27. I started the slender xcellerate a couple of weeks ago but did the yucky cleanse first. You should take one tablet after each meal. I'm sure as its natural that taking them after meals only a couple of hours apart is ok. But, are you not feeling full after it for about 4 to 5 hours. My appetite is well down and just not able to eat as much. Also taking the slender night and oh my god you have to take it on an empty stomach as its vile. I have quite a bit to lose so hoping it helps. Have lost 7lbs so far but not a bit of exercise done. Good luck with yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 prettybutton

:confused: Hi all
    I only joined tonight as I have been reading all ur xperiences with slender. I have been in WW for 15 years and am sick of it. I have been up and down in weight all my life (35 yrs)I have been takin xcellerate for about 3wks but am finding no difference in my appetite, I am still craving sugar etc, anyone any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mols78

i have a very bad sweet tooth just love all things nasty,i'm now eating breakfast which i never used to and spacing out my meals,i have had an odd bad day but i do feel fuller much easier now.if i do have a craving for sugar i have a yogurt (muller light are nice & only 90 cals) or a ww biscuit or bar & that sorts me out & i used to eat a full packet of chocolate biscuits in 1 go so something is working.hope it might be of help;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 foxy1

Hi all. I also have a very bad sweet tooth. Have also done ww on and off since I was 18. Now 35!! I am a desperate picker! Since starting sx I just dont have the same appetite. I was always hungry in ww. I do find the tea a great help though and feel it definately curbs my appetite. These last few days I am hungrier for no reason so find drinking loads of the tea helps. I hated it to start and now find Barrys' not the same. The thing with the tea is it doesnt have the kind of taste that goes well with the packet of biscuits. No dunking!! good luck to all. My incentive for it to work is that I cant face the people who said it wont!!! If thats what keeps me going then I'm happy. Also the night stuff can only be taken on empty stomach so no snacking when kids gone to bed anymore!! That can only be a good thing..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lolly27

hey guys,
    have been taking it now since sunday, appetite has definatley reduced, havent lost any weight but definatley feeling smaller...and have lots more energy then normal which i really love so going to keep taking them for awhile anyway see what happens :)

I have to say I have been takin the tabs properly since yesterday and I have been so busy in work that I haven't eaten much but we had friends over so there was beer had and we are havin a bbq tomorrow so I go into a panic straight away thinking about the loss of control I am going to experience. I know I seem like a drama queen but I find my whole life revolves around food. Will it ever end!!!!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CATMAC

I have to say I have been takin the tabs properly since yesterday and I have been so busy in work that I haven't eaten much but we had friends over so there was beer had and we are havin a bbq tomorrow so I go into a panic straight away thinking about the loss of control I am going to experience. I know I seem like a drama queen but I find my whole life revolves around food. Will it ever end!!!!!!:(

Its a catch 22 I'm afraid...firm believer that once you break the cycle of eating the choc,fizzy drinks,sweets,carbs,whatever you have it sorted...they say it takes a week to re-program the body...I wouldn't dream of sittin down to a fast food meal now...its CRAP and soooo bad 4 you...if youre eating good(non-processed food if pos) you should enjoy the tastes and the whole eatin experience all the more..NOT EASY !!!:mad:
    But I have been overweight all my life up to 4 years ago where I caught the health bug...at 5'2" every extra ounce shows...then I got pregnant...twice in one year(FACT !!!:eek:) and am now 1'07 lbs over again but lost 21lbs in the past 10 weeks so it can be done...and I'm doin' it again !!!!:rolleyes:
    Made the promise to myself!!!!
    The girl I wanna be is on the way back AGAIN !!!!!:D

CATMAC wrote: »
    Its a catch 22 I'm afraid...firm believer that once you break the cycle of eating the choc,fizzy drinks,sweets,carbs,whatever you have it sorted...they say it takes a week to re-program the body...I wouldn't dream of sittin down to a fast food meal now...its CRAP and soooo bad 4 you...if youre eating good(non-processed food if pos) you should enjoy the tastes and the whole eatin experience all the more..NOT EASY !!!:mad:
    But I have been overweight all my life up to 4 years ago where I caught the health bug...at 5'2" every extra ounce shows...then I got pregnant...twice in one year(FACT !!!:eek:) and am now 1'07 lbs over again but lost 21lbs in the past 10 weeks so it can be done...and I'm doin' it again !!!!:rolleyes:
    Made the promise to myself!!!!
    The girl I wanna be is on the way back AGAIN !!!!!:D
    Fair play to you keep it up, I think there is no quick fix its all to do with will power, I am 11st 7lbs and once got down to 9st, however that was 11 years ago now, I am determined to lose my weight before the end of the summer I am not going through another one covering up!!!! Heres to being slim:):cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Hi all,
    Just came across these posts and was wondering if anyone has any further progress reports on these?
    I started the tablets and the night drink exactly 2 weeks ago. Have been working out in the gym for an hour three times a week and eat fairly ok (have a light breakfast, sandwich for lunch and meat with potato&veg or a stirfry for dinner). I used to be awful for picking and eating bits and pieces late at night. Since I started this, I haven't been and don't want to. My appetite is definitely down so that's good.
    Problem is I'm not seeing the results all this would seem like they should lead to? I weighed myself this day last week, after being on these for a week and seemed to be down between 3 and 4 lbs which I was delighted with and hoping to achieve that every week as I have quite a lot to lose. Weighed myself again today all excited, and I'm back at square one weight before I even started! I don't understand it coz if anything,I'm finding it easier this week as I'm getting used to it and have been even better, or so i thought. It could be that the scales I use isn't the most reliable but still, i'm now so disillusioned when I thought I was doing so well and allowed myself to imagine a different me come holiday-time in August.
    Anyone got any advice? Should I persevere? I know no matter what I lose, they're undoubtedly doing me good as my snacking has stopped completely but I just really want to see physical results and fast! I'm sick of not enjoying my summer holiday to the max coz I'm so self-conscious of how I look. I want this summer to be different. What should I do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

:)Hi there, I have just bought my 3rd pack and hopefully the last pack of slender xcellerate. My diet is quite healthy but like other posters I had a very sweet tooth and had a bad habit of picking and getting the munchies. My weight is only slightly reduced about 4 LBs after 2 months BUT lots of people have commented on weight loss, asking how did I lose all the weight and telling me I got awful thin which I take as a compliment. My waist is smaller but this could be due to the fact that I started running 3-4 times a week for about 25 minutes. Appetite is definitley reduced and no cravings for junk like previous when I couldn't pass the biscuits in supermarket. Found big improvement in energy levels too so have no problem getting out of bed in mornings...I used to have big difficulty. Generally think they have benefits but I would love to see weight loss on scales. Stick with it for benefits for a couple of months, will post again to update at end of pack 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mols78

i'm on my 2nd box,snacking is a thing of the past & i have way more energy,going walking twice a day.my advice is stick with it but stop weighing yourself,i kept jumping on the scales at the start but would be disappointed if i didn't see a difference on the scales,all in all have lost about 5 pounds not alot,but like the last girl that commented nearly everyone is telling me i have lost weight and how did i do it,so just cause its not showing on the scales doesn't mean your body shape isn't changing,
    best of luck and keep us posted,its not easy but you'll be happy when your clothes are too big in a few weeks;)

Thanks guys,
    now that ye mention it, someone did say to me just today that I'm looking slimmer. I didn't take much notice and actually felt a little bitter coz I was thinking yeah right, pull the other one, i've actually put on weight so you're obviously giving me bs! But I take the point that maybe what it does is change your body shape more so than show actual weight loss. Like I said though, I have a lot to lose so it's only going to work for me if it will do both. I'll keep trying for another while anyway, hopefully something will kick in.
    Incidentally, someone told me I'm probably retaining a lot of fluid and that could be why the weight's so hard to shift. She suggested I get a supplement from the chemist/health store to take daily to flush out the fluids and that I'll see a big effect from this on the scales. Anyone tried anything in particular and found it effective? Or ineffective for that matter, can't afford to waste any more money on this dream of a new me!
    Would appreciate any tips or experiences at all. Thanks a lot guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Hi all,,, can you tell me if you start on day 1, does that mean take the cleanse and the tablets or do you take the cleanse first??

also! how d hell can your body shape change without u losing weight?!!!

I know, it makes no sense does it?! So I don't now if it is actually possible or just a scam to make you think you've had some kind of results even when you clearly haven't. I suppose you could lose inches from different areas of your body but your overall wight may not change drastically due to other factors ( seemingly fluid retention in my case).

I didn't do the cleanse, just started the pills and the night drink together but as far as I know, if you are doing the cleanse, you do that on its own first to flush out your system before you begin the programme proper. Good luck, hope you see faster better results than me! Keep us updated!:)

MelanieC wrote: »
    I know, it makes no sense does it?! So I don't now if it is actually possible or just a scam to make you think you've had some kind of results even when you clearly haven't. I suppose you could lose inches from different areas of your body but your overall wight may not change drastically due to other factors ( seemingly fluid retention in my case).

I didn't do the cleanse, just started the pills and the night drink together but as far as I know, if you are doing the cleanse, you do that on its own first to flush out your system before you begin the programme proper. Good luck, hope you see faster better results than me! Keep us updated!:)

Ok I see what u mean about the fluid retention!!
    Ya I used that 5-4-3-2-1 drink before, and found it great for less bloated feeling and my skin improved!!
    Im going to buy the cleanse and a months supply tomo!
    after that if I dont see results, im over it!!
    I was thinking of ALLI because my BMI is 28,, but those side-effects! eek!!

is this the first type of diet thing u have tried??

Oh lord, I have tried (and failed) every diet you can think of over the years - WW, Atkins, Slimfast etc etc. I was fine until I had a baby nearly 9 years ago but just have not been able to shift the weight since and that's a long time to be unhappy. I've been up and down of course but nothing major and it's been creeping steadily up with no downs for a few years now. I'm at my heaviest ever right now (actually heavier than I was at 9 months pregnant which is soooo depressing) so that's why I'm giving these a try as a last ditch attempt. Maybe they're doing nothing but the fact is I simply don't have the will-power to do it myself without some kind of crutch, even if it is a placebo. I've been good so far but if I don't see some results soon I know I'll get disillusioned and give up coz that's what always happens to me. I need to see results as an incentive to keep going.

That's why I'm hoping that it is fluid retention holding me back and that if I sort that out things might start moving. I never heard of that 54321 drink though - but you found it good,yeah? It would need to be something I could take longterm if it turns out fluid retention really is a problem for me.

I'm also trying to cut down on bread whcih is sooooo hard,for me it's like not breathing! But I know bread's one of the worst foods you can eat. i wish i wasn't so addicted to it.

Like you, I considered alli but my god,having "accidents" in public like a toddler? I don't think so! Let's hope these ones actually deliver something coz there's no side-effects. Can't wait forever though, i'm so impatient!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

lolly27 wrote: »
    I excersise 3 times a week for 30 minutes

That is nowhere NEAR enough! An hour fast walking a day should see you lose a pound a week. Most people would put on weight if they did so little exercise!

Is 30 minutes 3 times a week not the recommended amount of exercise by dctors / nutritionists? I always thought so.

People have busy lives. Half an hour 3 times a week is just about managable without putting even more pressure on yourself. Obviously you would lose more weight if you walked for an hour every day but for a lot of people that's just setting yourself up for a fall because it's simply not sustainable longterm,what with other commitments,the weather etc.

lizzyvera wrote: »
    That is nowhere NEAR enough! An hour fast walking a day should see you lose a pound a week. Most people would put on weight if they did so little exercise!
    That is complete BS! 7HRS speed walking a week and u lose a pound?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some rules for this forum
    Bear in mind we are not professional nutritionists and we are not doctors, so don't look for medical advice. Please seek advice from your Dr. or a Nutritionist before embarking on any major overhaul of your eating habits.

There will be zero-tolerance of any pro-ana topics, discussions of pharmaceutical weight-loss aids or crash dieting. This forum is to promote healthy and varied eating - not to advise you in how to drop a stone in a week.
    lala stone wrote: »
    I was thinking of ALLI because my BMI is 28,, but those side-effects! eek!!
    MelanieC wrote: »
    Like you, I considered alli but my god,having "accidents" in public like a toddler?
    Please stop mentioning pharmaceutical drugs like this or I will be forced to delete your posts or lock this thread. This thread is borderline on being closed as it is, many regulars are not happy with the likes of slender xcellerate being discussed as it is.
    lala stone wrote: »
    That is complete BS! 7HRS speed walking a week and u lose a pound?!?!
    In theory 3500kcal will make or lose 1lb. So 7 days is 500kcal per day to get 500kcal. 1 hour of exercise could use up 500kcal per day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement