Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

taxing a van without doe cert

Options
  • 13-05-2008 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

is it possable to get a commercial van taxed without a valid doe cert. my van is out of tax and i need to use it later today, dont have enough time to have it Doe'd in such short notice.

can it be taxed without doe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For commercial no, I don't think so.
    Did you try online?
    If the vehicle is a Commercial Vehicle you will need all of the above documents and
    * a valid Certificate of Roadworthiness or
    * a Pass Statement from a DoE test by an approved tester.
    * an additional fee for Certificate of Roadworthiness : Heavy Goods €13.00 / Light Goods €6.00
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

spongbob wrote: »

can it be taxed without doe

Nope. Can't be taxed online for commercials, you need to post in the tax application with the DOE cert, or go to the tax office.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

I taxed mine recently and while I did have a valid DOE, they actually didn't ask or look for it, so you could possibly chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

il try that thanks. its just that i only bought the van and have yet to transfare it into my own name.. doe expired end of last month.

i have the log book and insurance cert.

il see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rels

Think they have on computer whether its DOE or not thats why they dont ask for it sometimes.. But chance it id like to no myself if u get away with it.. by the way i think some insurance company's have a policy no DOE no insurance so be carefull!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

i rang the DOE center i have it booked in for 8am in the morning.. good chance it will pass, lights, breaks doors are in great nick and she's got 4 almost new tyres.. anyone one know what the fee is for the test and if she fails for anything minor is there a retest fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

once you get the doe you could always tax the van for 3 months the first time 6 months the second time then a year the 3rd time to dodge getting it again for an extra 9 months on top of the year its valid for, might not be worth the hassle of dealing with the tax office it but its just a thought,

Advertisement