Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football 2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

its looking highly unlikely that ill get to take part in the draft, and i dont fully understand the picks system for if im not gonna be there tbh, ill try get out of work early but its looking increasingly doubtful that i can take part!

could be getting off to a bad start here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I have to say I'm happy overall with my team. Took a gamble or two but overall I like the team I have. I got Brady of course. The one I waited for that I really wanted was Donte Stallworth who I reckon will be a superstar this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'm very happy with my team aswell. No superstars, but consistency throughout. Romo and Manning (Eli), Edwards, Welker, Clark, Maroney and the Colts D. Few rookies that I feel very confident about aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

happy enough with my team bar the qb position.Got Ladainian Tomlinson,Andre Johnson who im very happy with but my qb's are Vince young and marc bulger who im trying to trade.
    should be fun season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Happy enough with how my team turned out.

QB - Phillip Rivers
    RB - Edgerrin James
    RB - Larry Johnson
    WR - Joey Galloway
    WR - Marvin Harrison
    WR - Calvin Johnson
    TE - Owen Daniels
    K - Jason Elam
    DEF - Steelers

Coulda been worse. Hopefully LJ can stay healthy for the year.

EDIT: Also got two very promising rookies in reserve who should be starters this year, one RB and one TE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Yeah i'm happy enough with my team too, main picks:

Ben Roth,
    T.O,
    Vikings DST

The rest are fillers, lol.

Set up that auto pick thing wrong and by the time I got on at 18:38 it was already in round 8 and I had some crazy picks (2 kickers and 2 defenses)

So if anyone is looking for the Bears defense or Josh Brown I am open for trades!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Delhomme, Jake QB
    Jones-Drew, Maurice RB
    Peterson, Adrian RB
    Walker, Javon WR
    Ward, Hines WR
    White, Roddy WR
    Witten, Jason TE
    Gostkowski, Stephen K
    Cowboys, DST DST DAL
    Russell, JaMarcus QB
    Taylor, Chester RB
    Mason, Derrick WR
    Gonzalez, Tony TE
    Jets, DST DST NYJ

that was what i was faced with when i came home, i must have screwed up my auto thing somehow......ugh....could be worse, but i will have a lot fo work to do i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

How many people actually live drafted - I got stuck in work so couldn't get there. Team is average enough but could have been worse I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

There was 3 or 4 of us...

Happy enough with my team, although i'm kinda relying on the Eagles doing well... which may not actually happen... still a man can dream...

donovan McNabb
    Ryan Grant
    Willis McGahee
    Randy Moss
    Laveranues Coles
    Kevin Curtis
    LJ Smith
    Adam Vinatieri
    Eagles D/ST

Aaron Rodgers (Farve might be coming back!! WTF!)
    Chris Johnson
    Bryant Johnson (really happy with him, talked to a few niners fans and he's set to be no.1 in a Mike Martz system! Nice reserve!)
    Marcedes Lewis
    Cardinals D/ST

Biggest surprise for me was Steven Jackson going ahead of LT... 4th pick LT... someone hit the jackpot.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Bryant Johnson (really happy with him, talked to a few niners fans and he's set to be no.1 in a Mike Martz system! Nice reserve!)

I am a Cards fan and am not too sorry to see the back of him. He dropped too many passes.
    He was getting better as the seasons went by though but he will have to improve a hell of a lot to be a no. 1 receiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Farve to come back and play for Lahinch Legends in the Official Boards League!!!

Lovin the live scoring in the Fantasy Football.

Phillip Rivers did well for me today and taking a chance on LJ looks like it might pay off. Sitting on 97 with a few games still to go.

My risky lets go with the eagles went well today! Dmac on song and LJ Smith gets off the mark in game 1. Picked up Deshaun Jackson aswell... :)

On a non fantasy note mark it down. DJack is the next Steve Smith. The guy is a weapon. Once again the NFL scouts have messed it up by overanalysisng a guy. He should have been a 1st rounder but they said he was too small. It may only have been the rams and they kinda suck but the kid knows how to play ball.

Harsh on the Brady front for whoever has him (I think he went 1st pick right?).

Someone offered me a trade for Reggie Bush. Someone got Cassel before me. I'm not happy he was rightfully mine after losing Brady. Anyways I brought in Kyle Orton who I was surprised to see as a free agent. My WR's have given me trouble but I'm not letting go of either of my injured ones, they can sit on the bench till they get better, they are too good to let go. I managed a win week one, but I was very lucky, my low round draft pick was the difference, Willie Parker, knew he was a good choice.
    I am taking a chance on Kyle Orton this week over Jay Cutler. I fancy both teams to win but I just feel that even with Brandon Marshall back that it will be tough to put up big yardage against San Diego. I think there is a much bigger chance of the grossly underestimated Bears racking up big points and passing yardage against Carolina.

I can't believe I'm starting the Cards D over the Eagles one! But it seems like the right thing to do, the Cowboys have a slightly more potent offense than the Dolphins!

Tough game for me this week, I'd be surprised if I win this one...

Was looking there though and if McGahee had played I could have had some weekend last time.

• Advertisement

Another good gameweek so far. Forgot to get rid of my Tennesse tight end though seeing as they were given a bye along with Baltimore.

Joey Galloway is getting cut. Too injury prone and old.

A 93-73 win has us 2-0. Solid start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

AN 86-75 win for me puts me 2-0 aswell.I even had Barber on the bench and still won

Sick week for me, I left both Cutler and Scheffler on the bench as they were playing San Diego.:eek:

eagle eye wrote: »
    Sick week for me, I left both Cutler and Scheffler on the bench as they were playing San Diego.:eek:

I do not see why you even have Kyle Orton in your team,let alone stating him for any reason.He isnt good enough to be on someone's bench

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    I do not see why you even have Kyle Orton in your team,let alone stating him for any reason.He isnt good enough to be on someone's bench
    I lost Brady, thats why. I started him because I did not like playing Cutler against that San Diego defense. Same reason I left out the tight end.

Orton is never going to be a big scorer, but I needed someone who was starting and there was nobody safer available.

A superb Phillip Rivers performance has seen me scrape a 94-92 win this week to go 3-0.

Didn't think we would do it being about 20 points down going into tonight's game and it was touch and go for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

That was me you beat! I thought I had that won, fcuk. TWO more points from Sproles and I would have kept it but NO LT has to get the HB Dives from the 2.

A resounding 122-71 win has me at 4-0 :cool:

I win 107-67 to go 4-0.Hopefully me and Zavi can go unbeatehn til week 7 and then we face off

Back to 2-2 after losing the first 2.

Thanks to Legends leaving Brett Favre on the bench this weekend - man I was lucky there!

1-3, and I'm not doing what Michael Fabiano says ever again. Guru my bollocks.

Bye bye 100% record :(

LJ, the Saints WRs and Calvin Johnson shafted me big time.

When I went to bed on Sunday, I was all square and it was Reggie Williams vs. Adrian Peterson left to play. Thought I had no chance. Adrian Peterson rushes for 32 yards last night. Forgot to check how Williams did.

Shut out.

Fantastic.

Lost again.

Wahoo - Drew Brees came through for me last night.
    3 wins in a row - I don't know how though.

• Advertisement

My unbeaten record is gone aswell

A majestic performance from Phillip Rivers has clawed me from a good 20 points down to win 96-91 and go 5-1 (neither of us have anyone involved in the Monday night game).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

82-62. breaston, what a pick up. and the win was vs my cousin. all the more sweeter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

With one of my teams, I'm 4 points down and all my opponent's players have played but I still have Brandon Jacobs to go. A TD and a few yards by Jacobs tonight would do nicely. I'd be sitting pretty now if the Cowgirls defense hadn't given up so many points. And I don't want to look up the result tomorrow morning because I want to watch the Giants game Tuesday night after I get home from work.

My other team is ahead by 60 points with two more players to go. My opponent in this matchup also has no more playeres to go. I much prefer not having to sweat out Monday night.

dougal wrote: »
    Wahoo - Drew Brees came through for me last night

4 wins in a row now - thanks to Mr. Brees again.

evil_seed wrote: »
    82-62. breaston, what a pick up. and the win was vs my cousin. all the more sweeter!

I nabbed Breaston as well. Super effort outta him!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I nabbed Breaston as well. Super effort outta him!

Go Cards!!!

I need a WR too - I can't believe I didn't spot him being available last week.

A 4th quarter TD from my Seahawks TE John Carlson salvages a draw for me this week. 102-102 vs Titan18.

A 4th quarter TD from my Seahawks TE John Carlson salvages a draw for me this week. 102-102 vs Titan18.

I cant believe I drew.I was sure I was going to win but Calvin Johnson and Carlson got you the draw.If only I had started Jackson or Olsen

• Advertisement

LOL I saw that - I was hoping I could have drawn level with you in the division but alas no.

Got out of jail again this week. Reggie Wayne needed to get 4 points tonight for me to lose. He got 2 :D

90-89 win.

Got out of jail again this week. Reggie Wayne needed to get 4 points tonight for me to lose. He got 2 :D

90-89 win.

I'm destined never to catch you in this division! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I've had a horrible last two weeks, record in 3 comps up till then was 15-2-1. Latest record is 16-7-1:mad:

Romo being out is hurting me having T.O in one of my teams and Witten in all 3 teams:rolleyes:

Ended Waterford City Warriors unbeaten run with 94-63 win.

Moves us to 7-1-1 for the year.

Ended Waterford City Warriors unbeaten run with 94-63 win.

Moves us to 7-1-1 for the year.

Well done on that win.

I couldn't get over Drew Brees bye week. I thought I had a chance going into Monday night with Campbell and Portis but neither could get in the endzone so I came up short.

• Advertisement

dougal wrote: »
    I'm destined never to catch you in this division! :P

As I said - that tie you had early kept you half a game clear and me out of the playoffs. Well done.

At least in my US league I managed to win my division and have a first round bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Congratulations to:

Don's Dominators (wasn't a fix I swear! :D)
    Waterford City Warriors
    Titan18
    and Tony Gonzalez 88

on reaching The Official Boards Bowl Playoffs 2008!!

The first round will see:

Don's Dominators Vs. Waterford City Warriors
    Titan18 Vs. Tony Gonzalez 88

scoring begins tonight with The Saints @ The Bears on Thursday Night Football.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

In the Boards II NFC Division:D

Turnoverosaurus Rex v Tribesmen

and

Clondalkin raiders v Sydney Steelers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

in the final of boards II. tribesmen ftw :)

DeAngelo Williams and Phillip Rivers are heroes! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement