Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football 2008

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Got out of jail again this week. Reggie Wayne needed to get 4 points tonight for me to lose. He got 2 :D

90-89 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Got out of jail again this week. Reggie Wayne needed to get 4 points tonight for me to lose. He got 2 :D

90-89 win.

I'm destined never to catch you in this division! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I've had a horrible last two weeks, record in 3 comps up till then was 15-2-1. Latest record is 16-7-1:mad:

Romo being out is hurting me having T.O in one of my teams and Witten in all 3 teams:rolleyes:

Ended Waterford City Warriors unbeaten run with 94-63 win.

Moves us to 7-1-1 for the year.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ended Waterford City Warriors unbeaten run with 94-63 win.

Moves us to 7-1-1 for the year.

Well done on that win.

I couldn't get over Drew Brees bye week. I thought I had a chance going into Monday night with Campbell and Portis but neither could get in the endzone so I came up short.

• Advertisement

dougal wrote: »
    I'm destined never to catch you in this division! :P

As I said - that tie you had early kept you half a game clear and me out of the playoffs. Well done.

At least in my US league I managed to win my division and have a first round bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Congratulations to:

Don's Dominators (wasn't a fix I swear! :D)
    Waterford City Warriors
    Titan18
    and Tony Gonzalez 88

on reaching The Official Boards Bowl Playoffs 2008!!

The first round will see:

Don's Dominators Vs. Waterford City Warriors
    Titan18 Vs. Tony Gonzalez 88

scoring begins tonight with The Saints @ The Bears on Thursday Night Football.

Good luck!

In the Boards II NFC Division:D

Turnoverosaurus Rex v Tribesmen

and

Clondalkin raiders v Sydney Steelers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

in the final of boards II. tribesmen ftw :)

DeAngelo Williams and Phillip Rivers are heroes! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Read my signature

Lol I'll be adding mine shortly.

Well done lads, how about the top 6 of both divisions play in a top league next season and anyone else can play in the other division. Oh and one more thing, how about we limit moves next season also to 20 or so. Makes it a lot more competitive in another league I play in that deploys it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Well done lads, how about the top 6 of both divisions play in a top league next season and anyone else can play in the other division. Oh and one more thing, how about we limit moves next season also to 20 or so. Makes it a lot more competitive in another league I play in that deploys it.

Ya,I agree with that as generally the top 6 are the people who stuck with it and were active.I don't agree with the limiting of moves as the waiver wire and trades are an important element of the game.Well done to Xavi and Evil Seed, but I'm taking the title next season, so keep it clean for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Saw the Boards League too late so played in a public one that started in week 4, got to the final and lost by 7 points :mad:
    Will definitely be up for the Boards league next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya,I agree with that as generally the top 6 are the people who stuck with it and were active.I don't agree with the limiting of moves as the waiver wire and trades are an important element of the game.Well done to Xavi and Evil Seed, but I'm taking the title next season, so keep it clean for me
    I stuck with it all year as well, I was very unlucky at the start losing Brady, Stallworth and two others to injury from the very start. I lost three games where I scored over 100 points, and lost Willie Parker and Reggie Bush at a critical stage towards the end as well.

And that was my first time playing it, so now that I understand it I can tell you that you will have to settle for the runners-up spot next year.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

eagle eye wrote: »
    I stuck with it all year as well, I was very unlucky at the start losing Brady, Stallworth and two others to injury from the very start. I lost three games where I scored over 100 points, and lost Willie Parker and Reggie Bush at a critical stage towards the end as well.

And that was my first time playing it, so now that I understand it I can tell you that you will have to settle for the runners-up spot next year.:cool:

LOL,Eagle Eye, you so crazeeeeee!!!!!

Hey guys, i was wondering if I can join this for next year.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

anyone wanna organise this for the new season of football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Count me in again this year. Felt a bit hard done by last year, walked into a few spectacular performances which resulted in losses, twice i had the second highest total of the week only to come out on the losing side.

Next year will be different... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'll play anyway, but is it not a bit early to be setting this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Laces Out

I would definitely be interested in playing this year if there's any space!

Advertisement