Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT stance on modified ignition switch?

Options
  • 13-05-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

The ignition barrell on my old '88 Merc 200 runabout failed all of a sudden the other day such that when I put in the key it will not not go as far as activating the starter motor, only as far all the lights coming on in the dash. This can be messy and expensive to fix and I want to spend as little as possible on this particular car so what I want to do is to install a push button starter in the centre console near the gear stick.
    The only doubt about this is how it would be viewed by the NCT. I cannot think of any reason why it would fail for this. Any opinions on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I don't recall seeing anything about it in the manual.

Download it here and have a read through.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is the key secure in the barrel even though it won't go to position III?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Yes, all seems normal with the lock other than it won't go to the last position.

Advertisement