Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can we not search the PI forum?

Options
  • 13-05-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was just posting in PI and wanted to reference a previous thread that gave some useful advice. However when I went to the search function it would not let me select PI as the forum I was searching in.

So instead I said I'd list all my posts and find it that way but it seems that none of my PI posts show up that way either.

This is obviously a deliberate decision by someone, any idea what the reason is?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Google

site:boards.ie [terms]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Works for me.:confused:

I've attached two screenshots to show what I mean.

This first image shows the search function. If I wanted to search for all posts by myself in the PI forum I'd fill in my username at the top and select the PI forum in the "Search in Forums" box, but as you can see it's not there. It should show up between Parenting and Philosophy but it doesn't. This in itself wouldn't be a major issue if you could just search the entire of boards for PI threads - which leads to the next pic:

This is a search for all the threads that I have posted to on boards. If you look at the list or do the search yourself and look the entire list not one PI post shows up despite me posting there quite often. The most recent post I made there was this morning.

Weird or what!!!!

Sherifu wrote: »
    Google

site:boards.ie [terms]

Thanks Sher I did think of that but all I can remember is it was a post about abortion and thats mentioned so frequently on boards that google would find hundreds if not thousands of threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Maybe you're banned.

I don't think you can search forums that you've been banned from!

Malteaser! wrote: »
    Maybe you're banned.

I don't think you can search forums that you've been banned from!

My posts are still showing there so I think I'm ok.

LOL, maybe it's a special search ban for abuse of old threads or something :D

• Advertisement

OK this is getting weirder and weirder. I've found out that if I click on my own profile and select the "Find all posts by Drift" option the PI results don't show up. However if I log out and do the same thing they do show up!!!

So I'm wondering if I have been half banned or something. I got no pm about it and like I said I can still post on the boards. Confuzzled now :confused:

Edit: The same goes for other posters. I can search their PI posts only if I log out, not when logged in.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

There's actually been several threads about this lately but I can't remember if some kind of reason was given or not.

Here are the links:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055263844 - slightly different as regarding "thanks" given disappearing also
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055285281
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055259694
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055214707

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I Could be wrong... (It has been a long day)
    But as far as I remember this came up before,
    I think PI is exclued from the search..
    Some option that was selected in the VB that nobody really cares enough to change..

Correct away anybody who actually knows..

Thanks for that tSubh. At least I know the issue has been brought up before and that it's not some sort of anti-drift campaign. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

afaik PI is a private forum meaning it will not appear in searches nor will it show up in Google.

Subscribers and Mods can search PI. Standard users cannot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Overheal wrote: »
    afaik PI is a private forum meaning it will not appear in searches nor will it show up in Google.
    It does show up on google.

Advertisement