Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Management

Options
  • 13-05-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Recently the management company for my complex switched waste disposal providers for "significant savings" (which is ironic as they put the rates up while making these big savings). The new waste disposal company has provided bins that would be roughly half the capacity of the previous company and have not included any kind of provision for recyclable materials (just normal bins no recycling bins at all)

I was wondering if there is a requirement for a waste disposal company to provide recycling? Is there any requirement/responsablity for the management company to provide a recycling waste disposal service?

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

PDD wrote: »
    I was wondering if there is a requirement for a waste disposal company to provide recycling? Is there any requirement/responsablity for the management company to provide a recycling waste disposal service?

There's no actual requirement for recycling, however, recycling should reduce costs.

Some waste companies collect all refuse together and then do their own recycling, by separating out the metal, glass, etc, but that's not exactly common.

Advertisement