Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

think my gf may be preggers:

Options
  • 13-05-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

her period was due about 6 days ago,she hasnt got it.

we used protection and are very worried any1 any advice

if she hasnt had period in another weeks time we will go to doc together /preg test

she is outa country at the mo and not possible

should we be worried?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

steo123 wrote: »
    her period was due about 6 days ago,she hasnt got it.

we used protection and are very worried any1 any advice

if she hasnt had period in another weeks time we will go to doc together /preg test

she is outa country at the mo and not possible

should we be worried?

There could be any reason for her not getting her period! Maybe shes stressed about work or somethin! Doe s she have any other symptoms? e.g sore breasts? Why wait a week to find out! Do a test now for peace of mind!

There are some sick people out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

garthv and winters banned from this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steo123

test any earlier than A WEEK as not poss as she is away.
    i dont think it from stress no

It is possible for her to buy a test and use it there are ones that can be used once she is a day over due.

I can understand you wanting to do the test together.

Sex between a man and a woman is degined to lead to pregnancy and it is possible to be on the pill and use condom correctly and still get pregant even if it is hugely unlikely.

Only way to be sure is to do the test and then look at your options.
    http://www.positiveoptions.ie/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

steo123 wrote: »
    should we be worried?

Yes and no. There are many reasons why she could be late but in a week you'll be able to confirm whether or not she's pregnant (going to see the GP together about it is a good idea, you're going to be in this together for better or worse if she is pregnant).

It's hard not to stress about these things until you have an answer and try not to freak out too much. I know, that's a lot easier said than done.

• Advertisement

WHAT OTHER SYMPTOMS should she have by now?morn
    morn sickness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

She wouldn't necessarily feel any symptoms yet. The fact that early pregnancy symptoms can be just like pre menstrual symptoms doesn't help.

As said earlier her period could be late for any number of reasons or no particular reason. Even if her cycle is regular as clockwork there can be the occasional blip for no particular reason.
    If I was your girlfriend I'd have gone out and bought a test already! I can understand you wanting to be together to do it but I have to say I'd prefer to know one way or the other over an extra week of stress!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You really won't know without a test. As said before she could be late for any number of reasons. I know my wife was convinced she was pregnant before (she wasn't) and had quite a few of the symptoms she had had when she was pregnant with our son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

There really arent many symptoms until a few weeks in, after bout 6 weeks you may feel nausea, suppose she may have some boob tenderness but she could have that if her period was just overdue.

keep posts coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

this happened to my friend a week or two a go...a girl he was with had a 9 day later period with no explanation,needless to say,he freaked out bigstyle,but all turned out well

Would it really be a big inconveniece if she is pregnant?
    It could be the best thing that ever happened to you! Id prefer to know one way or the other asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    Would it really be a big inconveniece if she is pregnant?

Even when your both happy together and want to have kids at some stage an unexpected pregnancy can be very inconvenient in that if you're keeping it you have to drop your short to medium term life plans and start thinking about the three of ye.

Not necessarily a negative thing but definitely a very big shock to the system.

until then i wont know not possible to check before then

hopefully
    it just a case of lateness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

your gf might be pregnant, or the travelling could have messed her cycle up, also worrying about being pregnant can delay a period so if she really cant check while abroad, then she should just try to relax and not to worry.

HER cycle was spot on every 28 days before this perhaps she is skipping a period which as i understand happens even though she may not be preg

HOPEFULLY

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I've also been following this thread and would like to bump it up with the same question; any news?

+ 1!!

No more posts looking for follow up please, if the op wants to let us know they will.
    If there are any more bumping of this thread it will be locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Thaedydal wrote: »
    No more posts looking for follow up please, if the op wants to let us know they will.
    If there are any more bumping of this thread it will be locked.

I don't think we were bumping in fairness. And it would seem unfair to lock the thread for such inquiries....I feel like I've just been caught looking out the window back in primary school!

Advertisement