Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Westport to Dublin in 10 minutes

Options
  • 13-05-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

Last bank holiday weekend on the way home from Westport a friend and I made a video of the drive home :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW9qXDkBcVc

The video is a bit too fast for youtube's bitrate, but I can try and host a nice quality version if anyone is interested (it looks real nice) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Only watched a few seconds of it as I'm in work, but very cool - those types of vids are cool. Do you have somewhere to host the full version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Brilliant!

But did I see overtaking on a continious white line about 2.20 minutes in? Tut tut ...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

KB forwards link to Garda Traffic Corps!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Now that is a quality post, good job:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Really enjoyed picking out all the towns along the way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

That was class, what camera were you using, and how is it mounted?

Would love to do one all the way to France :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Driving that fast is totally irresponsible :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Nice video!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Have you even heard of the two second rule? rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Onkle wrote: »
    Driving that fast is totally irresponsible :rolleyes:

Haha its sped up. he wasn’t actually driving that fast. Granted he over took on a continuous white line, I actually know where that blind junction is and its a notorious black spot, but the rest is fine....great vid..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I always tell people that if they blink they'll miss my home village (Tarmonbarry) and its even true in your video!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Haha its sped up. he wasn’t actually driving that fast. Granted he over took on a continuous white line, I actually know where that blind junction is and its a notorious black spot, but the rest is fine....great vid..

Sorry that was my attempt at humour, really needed an excuse to use the new rolleyes guy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

Wow what car do you have, is it the veyron.in 10 mins :cool:

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Fantastic - great work.:D:D

C'mon - spill the beans, how'd you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

eoin_s wrote: »
    Only watched a few seconds of it as I'm in work, but very cool - those types of vids are cool. Do you have somewhere to host the full version?

The nice quality version is actually 1.6 gigs :pac: but I can try and reduce it down somewhat if anyone wants a copy. If anyone is interested in the big file I can host a torrent. I have about 140 k per second upload ;) I don't have enough web space to host the file as a direct download.

The camera is a Panasonic nv-ds65, we mounted it on a tripod on the passenger side. We used two tapes on longplay, when I pull into the left we change the tape and the gap at Longford is where we had food. My friend used Adobe Premiere to edit the footage (which weighted in at 37 gigs!). He's got a great talent for video editing you can see more of his stuff here http://www.youtube.com/user/danand82

Thanks for all the comments. It's only a small economical car that we had for the day. I badly miss my Impreza WRX, but then perhaps we wouldn't have been bored enough to make the video :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭sergiotheonly

a minimal amount of editing required but thanks for being civil anyway :)

so which song do people prefer? I like the second one more. It's more

poetic or something...

vote people

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Cionád wrote: »
    That was class, what camera were you using, and how is it mounted?

Would love to do one all the way to France :D

The ferry will be boring Ken. No need to videotape that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Great stuff:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

javaboy wrote: »
    The ferry will be boring Ken. No need to videotape that.

Thats where I change the tape :D

Once off the ferry the world will be inverted ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

Cool vid! How long did the trip actually take? (I've to go to Westport soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I can nearly see my house towards the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Very nice, brilliant in fact. Reminds me of the London-Brighton in 3½ minutes by train that the BBC used to use as filler in the 1980's. But your one is cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

@ OP-cool vid.

What is the music?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Watched till the end to see where you live OP but nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Hi, thanks all for kind comments.

1st song is Birthright (demo) by Celdweller. It has been used by the Wachowski brothers for the Speed Racer trailer.

2nd song is Breathe me by Sia. I think it was used in Six Feet Under.

Sherifu, I live in Balbriggan, but we would have needed another tape to get there because it took us an hour to get from the toll booth to the Finglas exit because of an accident!

Par72, the journey takes about 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

excellent vid! hope there were no speedchecks on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nice video! I must do one the next time I'm heading to Dublin with others in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Fantastic work there Praetorian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

gucci wrote: »
    I always tell people that if they blink they'll miss my home village (Tarmonbarry) and its even true in your video!!

Whats the story with the dolls strapped to every lamp post in that place? Looks bit freaky when driving through.

Advertisement