Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Cert

Options
  • 13-05-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some recommendations for a security certificate providers? Thawte or Geo-trust have been mentioned to me in conversation, any other recommended ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

SSL certs are SSL certs. There isn't a huge difference between providers apart from pricing and a few other things ie. if you're asking it probably doesn't affect you

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bare in mind that some of these certificates are not supported by all browsers. I recall a free SSL Cert going around that isnt fully supported.

I think the cheapest but still relaible SSL Cert can be found with NameCheap.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 xXxSineadxXx

anybody know how ya post a new forum?? im new to this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

anybody know how ya post a new forum?? im new to this

I pressume you mean a new thread, go to the relevant forum and then above all the current threads there is an option to start a new thread.

Advertisement