Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardour for linux

Options
  • 13-05-2008 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Howdey Folks,

I'm using Ardour DAW in Ubuntu Studio. I'm getting a problem when I try play a .wav file through it. It comes out crackily and i was wondering had anyone got any ideas on whats up with it,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

http://mepislovers.org/forums/showthread.php?p=122685 try that there :) - something about 'JACK'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Crackling in my opinion has always had something to do with you buffer size.. Higher your buffer size and it should hopefully get lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Tricky one! I tried using the same setup last year and found it was a bit of a handful, I abandoned it after a while. Didn't have any crackling trouble though. What sort of interface/soundcard are you using? Is it supported by Ubuntu and are you getting any other sort of media playback (eg YouTube clips, mp3s) to play through it ok?

Advertisement