Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Posh to Push???

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

my little cousin was here at christmas and it wasnt a very enjoyable experience i thought. partly because he was sick, and crying all the time. its not like i actively sit here and hate them or anything. definitely not my kind of thing :pac:

i can't understand what it is that makes people want to put themselves through all that sh*t. but whatever floats their boat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

towel401 wrote: »
    my little cousin was here at christmas and it wasnt a very enjoyable experience i thought. partly because he was sick, and crying all the time. its not like i actively sit here and hate them or anything. definitely not my kind of thing :pac:

i can't understand what it is that makes people want to put themselves through all that sh*t. but whatever floats their boat

you do know you were once a baby??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Through that ****? Thats what babies do, they cry, when they need something, when you become a parent you identify those needs..my crying baby, I wouldnt refer it to putting myself thru that ****! Extreme!

Redpunto wrote: »
    you do know you were once a baby??

Thank god her parents put themselves through that ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i did mention that in a previous post, because there is always someone who says something like you just did.

• Advertisement

i did mention that in a previous post, because there is always someone who says something like you just did.

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Karen_* wrote: »
    I had a natural birth and I wasn't walking for a couple of weeks and I certainly wasn't smiling. I couldn't laugh or cough with the amount of stitches I had. I had a horrendous labour and birth and if I ever dared to do it again it would be only on the guarantee of having a caesarean. Besides how painful and traumatic it was for me, my baby's hearbeat started to slow down and they couldn't get him out for ages. He could have been braindamaged if it went on any longer.

You poor thing. This is my dream of natural childbirth. Yeah it could all go swimmingly and the baby could drop out of me after a few hours and minimal effort. But what if it doesn't! My sister was in labour for 36 hours and the baby got into distress at the end though luckily she was okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

LadyE wrote: »
    huh?
    thats what i thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Loose as a goose is a lot of nonsense.
    Infact if a woman works her muscle one and does the pelvic floor excerises she can end up tighter then before gave birth.

Are they hard to do/do they always work? Not planning on having kids for a while but getting scared:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

very simple to do and they always work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegel_exercise

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

C Sections means it'll take longer for me to be able to go out running again. I'll push.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Thaedydal wrote: »
    very simple to do and they always work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegel_exercise

Phew, thanks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

From "Planned elective cesarean section: A reasonable choice for some women? "
    Link
    What are the benefits of cesarean section?

It may reduce the risk of urinary incontinence, which is a common postpartum problem. In one study of primiparous women, 26% had urinary incontinence at 6 months post partum, the rate being lowest with elective cesarean (5%), higher with cesarean during labour (12%), higher still following a spontaneous vaginal birth (22%) and highest following a vaginal forceps delivery (33%).8 Although not as common as urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, affecting about 4% of women giving birth, is usually a serious problem, and the risk may be reduced by cesarean section.9 Other maternal benefits from cesarean delivery include avoidance of labour pain, alleviation of fear and anxiety related to labour or birth10,11 and reduced worry about the health of the baby.12 Also, some women may just prefer the convenience and control of being able to plan the precise timing of the birth. The baby may also benefit. The risk of an unexplained or unexpected stillbirth may be reduced by cesarean section, as may be the risk of complications of labour such as clinical chorioamnionitis, fetal heart rate abnormalities and cord prolapse.1,13 Lastly, labour and vaginal birth, complete with hospital stay, continuous electronic fetal heart rate monitoring, induction or augmentation of labour, epidural analgesia, forceps delivery, episiotomy and multiple caregivers, may also not be considered "natural" or "normal."

However, this issue involves more than a simple comparison of risks and benefits of cesarean and vaginal birth. Planning for a vaginal birth may result in an emergency cesarean section, which carries higher risks for the mother than if an elective cesarean had been undertaken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

i had a section and found it painful afterwards but thats to be expected ...was in labour for 2 days and no sign of my son making an apperance but as well as that my pelvis was to small or so they told me i have since had my daughter by section and i found the second time a lot easier but maybe that was because i knew was i was going to go through but i have to say the pain and discomfort was not as bad the second time round ..... if u want a section go for it and dont mind what ppl say about being " to posh to push " bull**** in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

yikes a very contentious issue here! I find the whole idea of childbirth horrifying and if I should ever get pregnant (god forbid...I'd be a terrible mother, I hate the little feckers) I dont think I could go through with it. I know the female body has a natural process of birthing, but to me it just seems so unnatural, if that makes sense? Just the thought of something the size of a baby coming out of me is something my nightmares are made of. Fairplay to anyone who has gone through with it but for me, its a definite no no.

Advertisement