Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you just never got to play

Options
  • 13-05-2008 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Sorry if it's been done before but there's a few games that I simply never got to install for whatever reasons but always wanted to play...(and may do soon)
    Off the top of my head I can think of..
    Planescape Torment
    Diablo 2
    ICO
    Steel Beasts on the PC (I think it was about 2 grand to buy anyway)
    and God of War

What's yours ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Mass Effect, Galactic Civilizations II, Operation Flashpoint, The Thing - to name but a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

goldeneye, completely bypassed me. as did most N64 games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Deus Ex and System Shock 2 are the two games off the top of my head that I have never played would would really love to some day. Also haven't played Beyond good and evil yet despite owning it :( For shame.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Deus Ex and System Shock 2 are the two games off the top of my head that I have never played

Shame on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

silvine wrote: »
    Mass Effect, Galactic Civilizations II, Operation Flashpoint, The Thing - to name but a few.

The Thing sucks donkey bollock through a straw. Terrible game. I was so disappointed.

I still haven't played Diablo, TF2 or Portal, Alien Versus Predator, World of Warcraft, Mass Effect (actually pretty much any new game for the PC, 360 or PS3 for the last 8 months.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

UT3 & LOTR and a host of games from the late 90's early 2000's probably cray at the crappy graphics thow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

World of Warcraft
    ICO
    Every Final Fantasy game :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Planescape Torment

You fool! You stupid bloody fool!
    CCCP^ wrote: »
    The Thing sucks donkey bollock through a straw. Terrible game. I was so disappointed.

I saw a hilarious review of this that slammed it completely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

System Shock 1/2, lots of PC games (Diablo etc...), Majora's Mask, Goldeneye (and, incidentally, any N64 title that hasn't had a proper re-release yet), Alex Kidd, many of the old school shooters (have only briefly played Contra, Metal Slug, Gunstar Heroes - although have played some of the GBA version, which is supposedly inferior) and most DC games are just some of them that spring to mind. List would have been longer a while ago, but have made an effort to track down those that are still playable and haven't aged horrifically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Zillah wrote: »
    I saw a hilarious review of this that slammed it completely.

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/games/Thing/ - that?

I adored Diablo, but never got around to playing Diablo II despite having a copy for the past couple of years...
    Ico is another one that I should really give a bash...
    Rogue Trooper is definitely at the top of my pile, I'll always have a soft spot for that blue bastard thanks to my brother's HUGE pile of 2000ad comics (going back to issue 1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

That zombie game on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Zillah wrote: »
    You fool! You stupid bloody fool!

It was installed tonight ...now I must go and see what all the fuss is about :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunstar Heroes - although have played some of the GBA version, which is supposedly inferior)

You really have to play that game, should only take 2 hours if you use the infinite credits although it's worth playing all the difficulty levels up to hard since the bosses all change attack patterns. The GBA game really is a surprisingly average game considering how good the first game is, seems it only got good reviews due to the hype, don't let it put you off by far and away the best mega drive game ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You really have to play that game, should only take 2 hours if you use the infinite credits although it's worth playing all the difficulty levels up to hard since the bosses all change attack patterns. The GBA game really is a surprisingly average game considering how good the first game is, seems it only got good reviews due to the hype, don't let it put you off by far and away the best mega drive game ever.

Definitely will be downloading it off the VC at some point!
    Just make sure you get to play Beyond Good and Evil though ;) That game cannot be recommended enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

My biggest 'regrets' so far would be

System Shock
    Baldurs Gate
    Black & White
    Perfect Dark
    Shadow of the Collussus
    Okami
    ICO
    FF 7 (I KNOW!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Well, I have Manhunt in my collection and I've never even installed the damn thing! Plus, I never really got into GTA San Andreas. Vice City was a disappointment for me, and San Andreas was the same. Ever since they gave the lead character a personality, it went downhill. There's also the case to be made that I was too used to and fond of the original GTA games. They were better than the newer ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Resident Evil 4 despite owning it since release on PS2...

This summer I will play it!

Kevster wrote: »
    Well, I have Manhunt in my collection and I've never even installed the damn thing!

There's no shame in not having played that piece of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Deus Ex and System Shock 2 are the two games off the top of my head that I have never played would would really love to some day. Also haven't played Beyond good and evil yet despite owning it :( For shame.

^ Those two also Perfect Dark, God of War, Shadow of The Collossus and the Fallout games.

I've never played Fallout....and I still can't wait for Fallout 3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, mine would be...

Ico - Keep meaning to try this, after loving every second on Shadow of the Collosus.
    Majora's Mask - OOT was the best game ever...why oh why didnt i play the expansion?
    Fallout - When i went back to try them, the graphics and gameplay were just too old for me to stick with it.
    Resident Evil 4 - Had it on the Wii for a good 2 months, but never managed to play it.
    Panzar Dragoon Orta - After Retro's constant pimping, i really am annoyed i missed it. Good RPG's are hard to find these days.
    Beyond Good and Evil - Another unappreciated gem that i missed.
    Perfect Dark - The original was supposed to be brilliant, but i was never able to afford the N64 memory expansion :(

There are more, but these are the main ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Sorry if it's been done before but there's a few games that I simply never got to install for whatever reasons but always wanted to play...(and may do soon)

Planescape Torment

One of the best scripted RPGs ever. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Planescape Torment
    Diablo 2
    ICO
    Steel Beasts on the PC
    silvine wrote: »
    Mass Effect
    Galactic Civilizations II
    Operation Flashpoint
    corcaigh07 wrote: »
    goldeneye
    Deus Ex
    System Shock 2
    Beyond good and evil
    CCCP^ wrote: »
    Diablo
    World of Warcraft
    Majora's Mask
    Contra
    Gunstar Heroes
    armour87 wrote: »
    Baldurs Gate
    Black & White
    Perfect Dark
    Shadow of the Collussus
    Okami
    ICO
    Creature wrote: »
    God of War
    Shadow of The Collossus
    Fallout games.
    Kiith wrote: »
    Panzar Dragoon Orta

I've played none of these games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

L31mr0d wrote: »
    You have, literally, missed some of the most amazing gaming experiences that you are ever likely to find. I cant convey just how much you need to play some of these games. SHAME!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Metroid Prime 1+2, Zelda: Wind Waker and Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I managed to pick these up with a Gamecube cheap over the weekend so I gotta get cracking into these soon when I get the time.

Other games I've never got to play which i probably never will include: System Shock 1, Planescape Torment, Secret of Mana, Pilotwings, Baldurs Gate, Diablo II and Goldeneye.
    Beyond good and evil

My god man you need to install that now, it was a blinder of a game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Aw... Shadow of the Colossus... what a game. A sequel for the 360 would be EPIC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

System Shock 2,
    Secret of Monkey Island series,
    Radiant Silvergun,
    Panzer Dragoon Saga,
    Crysis,
    Mass Effect

Actually need to add the lucas arts adventure games to that list. Have most of them but never played them and also never finished Monkey Island 1 + 2 when I did play them.

Also Kiith Panzer Dragoon Saga on the saturn is the RPG, Orta is an on-rails shooter. Both are fantastic games though and really compliment each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

solace wrote: »
    Aw... Shadow of the Colossus... what a game. A sequel for the 360 would be EPIC.

Team ICO are working on another title but I think it'll be a PS3 exclusive. They are working under Sony Computer Entertainment Japan's Product Development Department #1, according the Wikipedia

On-topic, I never got RE4. Really should do though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

L31mr0d wrote: »

:eek:

Get out. Get out Now.....

Advertisement