Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuck Faring Bolts

• 13-05-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

HI all,

I have a new ignition switch ordered for my TDM 850 that has stolen last month. They made a balls of the hotwire attempt so i have to replace the switch.

I cant afford to pay for someone to do this so im tryin to do it myslef.

question is. I got most of the screws/bolts off the fairings of the bike but there are 2 that just wont budge. They are like allen key bolts and the allen key fits but after all my attempts ive screwed up the threads.

Anyone got some quick tricks to getting these b&astards off.?

Cheers
    fint

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭finto

finto wrote: »
    HI all,

I have a new ignition switch ordered for my TDM 850 that has stolen last month. They made a balls of the hotwire attempt so i have to replace the switch.

I cant afford to pay for someone to do this so im tryin to do it myslef.

question is. I got most of the screws/bolts off the fairings of the bike but there are 2 that just wont budge. They are like allen key bolts and the allen key fits but after all my attempts ive screwed up the threads.

Anyone got some quick tricks to getting these b&astards off.?

Cheers
    fint

Solved...Went at it with an angle griner, took about 2 minutes. Now onto getting the ingition switch out.....here comes the hammer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I was going to suggest jamming a torx head into the bolts as this normally work for me. Angle grinders can be useful too as you found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pirate reject

finto wrote: »
    Solved...Went at it with an angle griner, took about 2 minutes. Now onto getting the ingition switch out.....here comes the hammer...

Well done

But remind me never to approach you with a splinter in my eye :p

Advertisement