Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Disimproved Player?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Reo-Coker.

Was probably always ****e, but has been definitely found out this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Damien Duff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

For me the most disappoitning has to be Pedersen at Blackburn as he managed to play in the majority of league games this season but has had a much less impact, though he did improve in the last few games.

As regards people mentioning Finnan I think is a bit harsh, while he only played 17 league games I did not notice a major drop in his performance level when he did play. As for John O'Shea, his performances have been decidely average for the last couple of seasons but definitely not most disimproved.

Though he has been injured a lot, anytime Damien Duff played he has looked muck. As far as I am concerned he is the Irish Beckham in that the Irish press constantly overstated his performances for Ireland. I can recall being at Irish matches where he hardly touched the ball and the press were giving him 9/10 ratings. Had a great spell though around the 2002 World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

IrishMike wrote: »
    Not really, its the fact that you are so adept at trolling and annoying people
    Harsh statement but fair.

IrishMike your one of the most aggressive poster on here, not a week goes by that you are not calling for someone to be banned.

If People annoy you that much, put them on ignore or report the post, if you can't do those 2 simple things then píss off over to the ladies lounge.

This is a soccer forum, where soccer should be debated not attacking the poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Boggles wrote: »
    IrishMike your one of the most aggressive poster on here, not a week goes by that you are not calling for someone to be banned.

If People annoy you that much, put them on ignore or report the post, if you can't do those 2 simple things then píss off over to the ladies lounge.

This is a soccer forum, where soccer should be debated not attacking the poster.

Not at all true.
    Never called for anyone to be banned until your spate of trolling posts in the Liverpool thread.
    Ps i wasnt the only person who said it, there were a string of posts with the same opinion.
    There is no smoke without fire in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Definetly Chris Turner and Matthew Judge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

nummnutts wrote: »
    Reo-Coker.

Was probably always ****e, but has been definitely found out this season.

How many Villa games have you seen this season??

What do you base your answer on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Iago wrote: »
    West Ham all of them

Your list is pretty bad - but you do realize that West Ham nearly got relegated last year??? So they didn't disimprove? FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Killme00 wrote: »
    So why are Liverpool getting rid of him?
    Liverpool have pretty much said that Riise, Crouch and Kewell are up for grabs (Kewell is out of contract anyways, but rejected a deal to keep him at Pool on a reduced wage). Aside from that they haven't said that anyone is up for grabs. There's a lot of speculation around Pennant and Alonso alright (hope to God Alonso doesn't go), but have seen very few reports that Finnan is on his way. Few reports aside from a little speculation here and there.

He has been pretty much an ever present in Benitez side when he has been fit, or at least as ever present as any player can be with Rafa.

If I'm wrong, can you post links. I'd be interested in reading about it. He may not be the best player there, but he is very consistent, and a good squad player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    I've been reading all the topics over the last number of weeks and months and you seem to have rep for annoying some of your fellow Utd supporters and other clubs supporters thats all...nothing personal :)

[official mod comment]
    Lets keep it on topic and not start making remarks about posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Melion wrote: »
    Probably Real's player of the year this season.
    yeah robinho was their best player.......apart from:

casillas
    sergio ramos
    pepe
    heinze
    cannavaro
    gago
    guti
    raul
    sneijder
    maybe robben.

for me it has to be malouda-the word innocuous springs to mind!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mormank wrote: »
    well do you think this is the big fish small pond scenarion. now im not sayin newcastle is a massive pond but it is perceived that way compared to what man city was when barton was there.

You talk about small ponds!? Newcastle is little more than a murky puddle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Couldn't be bothered to see if anyone has already posted this but for me it's been Kevin Doyle.

@ Whoever said Reo-Coker or Robinho, you don't have a scooby doo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

taidghbaby wrote: »
    yeah robinho was their best player.......apart from:

casillas
    sergio ramos
    pepe
    heinze
    cannavaro
    gago
    guti
    raul
    sneijder
    maybe robben.

for me it has to be malouda-the word innocuous springs to mind!!!!!!

You seen much of Real this season? Robinho was by far their best player up until about Christmas, second only in La Liga to Messi imo. His off-field antics have gotten him in trouble since then and he hasn't been able to make the same impact. I think Casillas, Raul and possibly Guti had better overall seasons than him but I'd definitely have him ahead of the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Tonio wrote: »
    Gamst Pedersen. Was brilliant about two years ago scoring lots of spectacular goals. Has had a quiet season.

He was worse last season. I was quite happy with him this year. He isnt the playmaker anymore, Bentley deservedly has that role. Benni Mc Carthy has to top this if you compare his performance this year to last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭horsebokks

gilberto
    lehmann
    silvestre
    baros
    schevchenko
    roy carroll
    robbie savage
    drogba???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Iago wrote: »
    ManU Van der Sar
    Chelsea Lampard
    Arsenal Eboue
    Liverpool Riise
    Everton Johnson
    Villa Carson
    Blackburn Pedersen
    Portsmouth Mendes
    Man Citeh Dunne
    West Ham all of them
    Spurs Robinson
    Newcastle Barton
    Middlesborough Rochemback (sp)
    Wigan Siberski (although how good was he originally?)
    Sunderland McShane
    Bolton Nolan
    Fulham Litmenan ;)
    Reading Lita
    Birmingham Quedroe
    Derby Carroll (although I'm not sure how good he was to start with!)

Seriously?

Dunne was immense for city this year, and VDS was every bit as good as last year.

horsebokks wrote: »
    gilberto
    lehmann
    silvestre
    baros
    schevchenko
    roy carroll
    robbie savage
    drogba???

Silvestre played 7 games for crying out loud.
    He was injured all season.

Wasnt shevchenko rubbish last season too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I have to seriously LOL at those people naming the likes of Silvestre and Van Persie as having disimproved. Of course they had bad seasons, they were fucking injured for almost all of it!!!

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I have to seriously LOL at those people naming the likes of Silvestre and Van Persie as having disimproved. Of course they had bad seasons, they were fucking injured for almost all of it!!!

+1
    Not quite as funny as the people saying Richard Dunne had a bad season though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Xavi6 wrote: »

This thread is showing up some posters knowledge of football and ability to reason with it.

Advertisement