Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I wouldn't want to buy this M3 :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dasilva94

How about insuring an M3?

I tried a few first and when the minute they heard M-Power, they said no way would they insure it.

A few others would considerate insurance.

How do you other guys find, trying to insurance an M3?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Er not quite sure why but i've found it fine? Its costing me under 900 a year fully comp, i'm 27. Funny cos 18 mths ago when i wanted to change from a 323 to a 330 it yas gonna be a fortune, but i got a 530 instead and it was 600 quid? Then from that to the m wasn't much extra

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

So for all the people who thought it was 'OK' to drive the car hard just because it was able, would you be put out if you bought this car and found this out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEjQdV5egdg

An impreza is well 'able' for this, but I'd be pretty pi**ed off if this was my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

siralfalot wrote: »
    ...Its a BMW, so if I bought it, I'd have to sell my soul or something :eek:

LOL, I dunno..........if you did that'd be you and the car with no soul. At least with your AR you know even if you don't............your car does :D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Cyrus wrote: »
    i cant afford new 'ones' ?

There is only one diff on an m3 but you obviously havent the foggiest idea what it is, nor the cost of replacing it.

Of course i can afford to replace it, as to whether i would like to spend 4k doing it, is a different story.

oh and at the end of this post is where i would personally insult you so use your imagination

Jeez, tetchyyy!

I think the guy was actually referring to your tyres, seeing as you have posted before asking about recommendations, prices, fitting etc.

Side point: It's now been mentioned here, and on the previous thread about M3Joe and his "thrashed" E36 M3 that he had videos of on Youtube while the car was on Carzone. Is the diff a known soft spot on BMWs or M3s? Everything I know about diffs and limited slip diffs would suggest to me that when the wheels are spinning freely, as in a donut, the diff is under a lot less stress than when trying to keep traction accelerating or cornering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

milltown wrote: »
    Jeez, tetchyyy!

I think the guy was actually referring to your tyres, seeing as you have posted before asking about recommendations, prices, fitting etc.

Side point: It's now been mentioned here, and on the previous thread about M3Joe and his "thrashed" E36 M3 that he had videos of on Youtube while the car was on Carzone. Is the diff a known soft spot on BMWs or M3s? Everything I know about diffs and limited slip diffs would suggest to me that when the wheels are spinning freely, as in a donut, the diff is under a lot less stress than when trying to keep traction accelerating or cornering.

dont think i was tetchy? and whichever he meant i can afford it, so i still dont know what he was getting at, you seem to have a better insight, what exactly did he mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

galwaytt wrote: »
    LOL, I dunno..........if you did that'd be you and the car with no soul. At least with your AR you know even if you don't............your car does :D:D

LOL true!!

I must get this sticker for the back of my Fiat Coupe

satan.inside.jpg

it would go well with the 666 reg :D;)

Advertisement