Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes Parliament St. Closed

• 13-05-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭

I see Dunnes in Parliament St. boarded up..what's the story? Refurbishments or is it being closed and flogged off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

From what i heard its just been closed down!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Its shut for good and the staff were transfered to the the other Dunnes Stores in the city.

Don't know what they intend to do with the property though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Good. 3 Dunnes Stores branches was a bit ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It was a pointless operation anyway IMHO. Within spitting distance of a proper Dunnes but without convenient parking or opening hours.

Even 2 Dunnes in KK is too much. How about a Tesco or a Marks & Spencers FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I'd say dunnes will keep it closed.

They'd rather have an empty shop than allow another supermarket in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Yeah, they kept the Michael Street store in Waterford closed for a number of years after moving to City Square until shortly after Darrers closed, allowing them to open grocery in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭tonton zola

As an attempt at a Dunnes convenience store, it was a good idea.

But having it so close to the other one made it almost impossible to do good a trade.

If it was at the other end of high st. it could have done well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

It wasn't a bad shop, well stocked and organised for a small shop but the location only needs a newsagents not a full store and if people want a larger shop they'll travel the 50 meters to Kieran St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

mfitzy wrote: »
    I see Dunnes in Parliament St. boarded up..what's the story? Refurbishments or is it being closed and flogged off?

Must be feeling the pinch as they're informing people to go to McDoughnut junction instead!

LOL... who wants to go to McDoughnut junction when the other Dunnes is closer?? :confused:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

mick_irl wrote: »
    I'd say dunnes will keep it closed.

They'd rather have an empty shop than allow another supermarket in.

Yep. It's in the planning application regulations/laws whatever....

If they close it they can decide what happens to it after and who has it.

Shouldn't be allowed in my opinion. Who runs who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

kleefarr wrote: »
    Yep. It's in the planning application regulations/laws whatever....

If they close it they can decide what happens to it after and who has it.

Shouldn't be allowed in my opinion. Who runs who?
    well its not the amount of customers dictating what shop opens, which shop closes..
    they did good trade with all the kids going in for cheap food at lunch time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The city council will be able to still charge them rates on the property whether it is open for not, so the city council won't loose out.

Advertisement