Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1080i or 720p?

• 13-05-2008 4:58pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dont know if this has been asked before but which is the better setting for the 360 using the hdmi cable.

Tv is a 1366*768 32 inch lcd which I think is native 720p(might be wrong though)
    Currently using it at 1080i and to be totally honest I see no difference when I do change it to 720p.

Just wanted to know if anyone can enlighten me a bit on the difference between the two.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

720p

With 1080i all you are doing is taking the 720p image the 360 renders, scaling it to 1920*1080, interlacing it then sending it to your TV so it can be deinterlaced then scaled down to 1366*768.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

the numbers refer to the resolution - specifically they refer to the number of pixels in the vertical measurement of the image.
    if you use 1080 the telly will have to downscale the image to 720 or 768. If you use 720 then the telly will display it without converting. either way the resolution on the telly will be the same.
    You would be more likely to notice the difference if you had a 1080 telly since then the resolutions would be different on the different settings. However it's just different ways of generating the same resolution image with the 768 display, so I'm not surprised you don't see a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

If you set it to 1080i:

The television downscales it to 768 and processes the signal to progressive, giving you a 768p image (2 stages of digital intervention---downscale, and interlace-to-progressive conversion)

If you set it to 720p:

The television slightly upscales the picture to 768p.

Personally, I think 768p looks better.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks for the info.

Set it to 720p last night and it does look better in games alright.They seem smoother or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Hey Razer, didnt know you have an xbox360. Add meh "Sheebeg Gamer" might get some games in with ye.

• Advertisement
Advertisement