Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New garden

Options
  • 13-05-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi All,

I have a 2 year old house with a large "L" shape garden. The problem is there is quite a slope on the grass into the far corner. I want to put some decking and also a pathway near the washing line and also to the shed but the garden is so uneven.

I have tried to start digging by hand to even it out but the space is so large it and the top soil it veyr thin, possibly 3 inches thick before I hit rock.The laneways around the house are too narrow to get a minidigger in.

Any suggestions>?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Cheap option -

Wheelbarrow in materials and tools through house, likely to cause argunment with the trouble and strife !

Expensive option

Use a crane to get materials and equipment into back garden.

I think your best bet is to get some filling and top soil delivered and take a day at moving it from front to back of house when the family are out and you have put plenty of cardboard down to minimise the mess. It will be hard work unless you pay someone to do it !

B.

Advertisement