Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Broadband for Poker

Options
  • 13-05-2008 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting this in and replacing the eircom line(Just for Phone) in the house too.

What's the story guys?

Poker + General Performance :Good, bad, indifferent?

Tech Support?

etc......

Cheers in advance,
    Richie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

perlico is just the eircom service resold so technically it'll be the same as all other DSL providers. Their tech support isn't great if you have problems, but you shouldn't have too many problems with DSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

I'm in the middle of a change over to Perlico myself, It can take up to 10 days to change over the phone and then up to another 21 days to recieve the router/software (all in the small print) I got the line changed over took 6 days and I'm now waiting an additional 9 days and still no router.

Yeah, its a bit of a hassel but I have interweb in work and I'm also picking up a weak signal at home from a neighbour :D so the wait isnt bothering me too much, if you cant live without the computer it will kill you, be warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭PokerEvents-Ste

Homevision can give you broadband and telephone and tv at a good rate in parts of Dublin. It may be something to look into.

www.homevision.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bb27

Homevision can give you broadband and telephone and tv at a good rate in parts of Dublin. It may be something to look into.

Hi Guys,
    We got stung with Homevision as the exclusive provider to an apartment complex we moved into recently.
    Avoid, avoid, avoid is all I can say. Worst provider by a longshot, their packages don't represent value, especially when they never work to the speeds you've paid for. If they gave it free, it's not value as the broadband & Tv service is forever disrupted and customer service is a complete joke. Funny enough bills always arrive in full on time and I've even been hit with charges for being a week late. I should charge them when their service is so ****e. Seriously and from an unbiased viewpoint I would strongly advisde anyone that's got a choice (unlike me!) to opt for anyone but Homevision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Perlico is now part of the Vodafone group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

Having worked for Eircom, Smart (they were a joke) and Imagine/Gaelic my advice would be to go for BT. As already stated, the quality of the DSL received by any of the resellers (Perlico, BT, etc.) should be the relatively same.

I was with Perlico before and their customer service is awful, whereas I've found BT's to be very good. I think it works out at about 35-40 euros a month for their line rental and 2meg bundle which I've had very few problems with.

Eircom: Too expensive
    Perlico: Cheap, Awful CS
    Imagine/Gaelic: A little cheaper, You can haggle their call prices down, Poor CS
    BT: Not the cheapest but the best of a bad bunch

These are the ones I have tried so hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NuttKicker

NTL (now upc) have 3 new allin 1 packages available TV,Phone,Broadband.(€44,€64 and €79), and seen it reviewed(Reviewed broadband not the whole package) on ireland am last week chap said it was excellent, definitly his number 1 choice price,service and speed couldn't be matched. the broadband speeds are an incredible 3,10 and 20 meg
    not available where i live but as soon as it is i'll be getting it. think its available anwhere the new ntl cables have been run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭The Little Guy

It may be of no consequence as i'm in the north.

i use BT, get 7.6 meg connection.

my router went kaputt yesterday and I received a new one this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Just moving this from Poker to the proper forum, i.e. Broadband.

Advertisement